This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/SE1>iM unable to do even one rep

Started by Haoyang Li, August 12, 2023 · 14 Replies · 137 Views

Haoyang Li

I have been struggling with sPL/SE1>iM(the mobility exercises of frog stand). It seems I can’t find a way to balance the exercises and haven’t even done a single rep of it. 
 

what should I do now? Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
On 8/12/2023 at 9:38 PM, Haoyang Li said:

I have been struggling with sPL/SE1>iM(the mobility exercises of frog stand). It seems I can’t find a way to balance the exercises and haven’t even done a single rep of it. 
 

what should I do now? Thanks!

Hi Li (hope this is your name),

well from my pov i must see your execution in order to see what's going on...

Haoyang Li
13 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Li (hope this is your name),

well from my pov i must see your execution in order to see what's going on...

 

144DDF7B-CC8C-49EB-A3D7-1B0839A61F0F.gif

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Haoyang Li said:

 

144DDF7B-CC8C-49EB-A3D7-1B0839A61F0F.gif

What is your level on the hollowbackpress variation? have you already done the pseudo planche pushup?

Haoyang Li
4 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

What is your level on the hollowbackpress variation? have you already done the pseudo planche pushup?

I am getting started with Undergrip Single Bar Dip this week. Yes, I have down pseudo planche pushup and Elevated Planche Bounce.  I have been following the guided plan. Here is where I am now. 

4FC74A0C-7100-4195-8771-D5B628DED29E.png

E86C55EB-D6ED-4ED6-A37B-F2E1474416F6.png

21281A96-90DF-48DA-A6C6-2F51313B92B8.jpeg

Alessandro Mainente
57 minutes ago, Haoyang Li said:

I am getting started with Undergrip Single Bar Dip this week. Yes, I have down pseudo planche pushup and Elevated Planche Bounce.  I have been following the guided plan. Here is where I am now. 

4FC74A0C-7100-4195-8771-D5B628DED29E.png

E86C55EB-D6ED-4ED6-A37B-F2E1474416F6.png

21281A96-90DF-48DA-A6C6-2F51313B92B8.jpeg

ok do you mind if I ask you to show 10 reps of pseduo planche pushup side view?

Haoyang Li
On 8/22/2023 at 9:22 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

ok do you mind if I ask you to show 10 reps of pseduo planche pushup side view?

Weren’t able to upload past first few sets due to the limit of converting video to gif. But here it is. Sorry about the delay and thanks!!

HL

9AA10CF3-3310-4ACB-BA4E-E1D0AFA5AAD1.gif

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Li, my suggestion is to use youtube and set the privacy on "unlisted" because i need to see more repetitions in a row..

also a side view is definitely better...

Haoyang Li
On 9/8/2023 at 8:04 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Li, my suggestion is to use youtube and set the privacy on "unlisted" because i need to see more repetitions in a row..

also a side view is definitely better...

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 9/15/2023 at 9:27 PM, Haoyang Li said:

 

Hey Li, generally speaking it is not bad...but you must try to make all the rep with the same form...i mean that in some of them heels apre sread apart..in some hips are a little bit pike..in some reps you do no reach the floor with the chest. the most important thing in the strenght training is to repeat the movement in the same way...

Haoyang Li
3 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Li, generally speaking it is not bad...but you must try to make all the rep with the same form...i mean that in some of them heels apre sread apart..in some hips are a little bit pike..in some reps you do no reach the floor with the chest. the most important thing in the strenght training is to repeat the movement in the same way...

As an alternative, would you recommend keep doing pseduo planche pushup for a while? 

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Haoyang Li said:

As an alternative, would you recommend keep doing pseduo planche pushup for a while? 

ok...so my sugestion if you cannot do even one rep of the SE! is to use an elastic band so that you can do max 10'' and work up to complete 4-5 of 8 seconds but beginning with 4-5 set of 4''. once sets of 8 are completed then you can reduce the assistance of the band or wrap a littel weight around your wait and begin again the process..

Haoyang Li
4 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

ok...so my sugestion if you cannot do even one rep of the SE! is to use an elastic band so that you can do max 10'' and work up to complete 4-5 of 8 seconds but beginning with 4-5 set of 4''. once sets of 8 are completed then you can reduce the assistance of the band or wrap a littel weight around your wait and begin again the process..

Do I wrap the band around the knees and tie it to the stall bar? 

2F8A36C3-8CCC-4696-A047-D80740CBA6E2.jpeg

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Haoyang Li said:

Do I wrap the band around the knees and tie it to the stall bar? 

2F8A36C3-8CCC-4696-A047-D80740CBA6E2.jpeg

THE assistance should be vertical to center of gravity of our body so the stall bar is not the optimal solution..

Nick Murray

@Haoyang Li Band around your hips and tied to something above you.

Also, looking at your first videos, you appear to be "diving into the floor" - this means that as you come off your toes onto your hands, your torso is angled downwards. This puts additional stress on your arms and shoulders as you have to stop your downward movement, then try to find a balance point. In your last post of September 18, 2023 look at the angle of the athlete's body, from his lower back to neck - it's approximately parallel to the floor.

Next time you try this, "aim your body higher" - try to keep your torso higher off the floor and parallel to the floor. And enter the element slowly, so there is a minimum of rocking from head to hips.