This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Partial wall handstand

Started by Awais Muzaffar, August 12, 2023 · 14 Replies · 107 Views

Awais Muzaffar

While I've been doing hbp/pe16, I've developed a sense of balance. But it needs critique:

Thanks!

 

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

While I've been doing hbp/pe16, I've developed a sense of balance. But it needs critique:

Thanks!

 

Not bad....reaòòy npt bad!

some improvements on general body tension (for example leg together) and hips extension are necessary for a long terms development.

Awais Muzaffar

Oh good to hear! 

I'll make an effort to work on the corrections for long-term improvement. Thanks!

Awais Muzaffar

Hey! Can I get the front view checked please:

video here

1. I may have tendancy to lean more on my right-hand...
2. Am I doing enough shoulder elevation?
3. Is it better to do a shorter 2-3 second holds rather than lets say 8+ second hold where shoulders start to close?/

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
25 minutes ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hey! Can I get the front view checked please:

video here

1. I may have tendancy to lean more on my right-hand...
2. Am I doing enough shoulder elevation?
3. Is it better to do a shorter 2-3 second holds rather than lets say 8+ second hold where shoulders start to close?/

Thanks!

Hey Awais...well shoulder elevation coorelates with hands distance so....first move onve hand closer to the other....and move a bit of weight more on the left hand...

my suggestion is to reach first the proper form, then build up seconds. a side view is appreaciated...

Awais Muzaffar

Hey Alessandro, 

Sorry I miss this thread. This is the side view of wrist-to-wall handstand. I'm few inches out as my belly is already touching the wall.

Thanks,
 

 

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hey Alessandro, 

Sorry I miss this thread. This is the side view of wrist-to-wall handstand. I'm few inches out as my belly is already touching the wall.

Thanks,
 

 

hey awais...how's your bridge?

Awais Muzaffar

Hey.

You can make an observation from this video. Thanks!

 

Alessandro Mainente
57 minutes ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hey.

You can make an observation from this video. Thanks!

 

Are you also following the thoracic stretch series video?

Awais Muzaffar

Hey,

I was not following the thoracic stretch series, I was rather following the bridge work specified in the front lever series.

I'm guessing your suggestion would be to add a dedicated session for the thoracic stretch?

Thanks,

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hey,

I was not following the thoracic stretch series, I was rather following the bridge work specified in the front lever series.

I'm guessing your suggestion would be to add a dedicated session for the thoracic stretch?

Thanks,

absolutely

yes

Awais Muzaffar

Thanks, I've started thoracic stretching since last week.

One quick question: Is it better to be closer to the wall when pushing up into a freestanding handstand? I'm unsure about the optimal distance and perhaps finding the right distance can improve my current alignment.

 

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Thanks, I've started thoracic stretching since last week.

One quick question: Is it better to be closer to the wall when pushing up into a freestanding handstand? I'm unsure about the optimal distance and perhaps finding the right distance can improve my current alignment.

 

well there is no an optimal distance if the shoulder are openend...the first attempt should be done closer so that you are very close to an handstand and you have to correct a little number of angles.