This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE16

Started by Awais Muzaffar, August 3, 2023 · 27 Replies · 266 Views

Awais Muzaffar

Hey, first session, and I was finding it difficult overall:

Set 1
Set 2

Thanks,

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hey, first session, and I was finding it difficult overall:

Set 1
Set 2

Thanks,

it seems good, film from the back in order to check for the forearms that must be one parallele to the other...

Awais Muzaffar

Cool, thanks, I'll verify the other view as well. 

 

Awais Muzaffar

Now I'm slowly able to shift the weight from the wall to my hands:

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Now I'm slowly able to shift the weight from the wall to my hands:

 

 

IT IS BETTER to check first the back view. if you build up a bad forearms positioning then you have to spend time and time to correct it. technique first.

Awais Muzaffar

Hey - please review the front view:

  • Set 1 (front view - slight flair)
  • Set 2 (front view - bit better)
  • Side view (for reference)

One thing I've learned is, I need to keep a bit far from the wall, otherwise I arch and sink into the wall too much.

Thanks as always!

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hey - please review the front view:

  • Set 1 (front view - slight flair)
  • Set 2 (front view - bit better)
  • Side view (for reference)

One thing I've learned is, I need to keep a bit far from the wall, otherwise I arch and sink into the wall too much.

Thanks as always!

hey Awais....as you can see..you tend to move the elbows to the side. once the forearrms reaches the vertical position it stays on this position...

Awais Muzaffar

Hey... This is the best I can currently do:; I find elbows back and forearms 100% vertical, really hard... is it a strength defecit?

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hey... This is the best I can currently do:; I find elbows back and forearms 100% vertical, really hard... is it a strength defecit?

 

 

 

strnght improvements are wlays linked to a technique improvement. here there are 2 technical problems: forearms and feet. forearms are not vertical and feet slide in a different way on the wall..

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Okay, here is another attempt:

hey Awais, both videos are private..

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Apologies, lets try again:

side view is fine...front view still private.

in the side view BIG MISTAKE. you lean wth the elbows toward the wall, in fact forearm is inclined.

Awais Muzaffar

Okay, I'll fix the mistake in the side view.

Can you see the below front view:

 

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Okay, I'll fix the mistake in the side view.

Can you see the below front view:

 

the mistake of the side view is noticeable also from here...

Awais Muzaffar

Okay, I understand all the issues now, I just need to recover and try again next session. Thanks!

Awais Muzaffar

Okay, let's try again; It didn't feel perfect, but it felt better than previous session:

Side view:
video 1
video 2

Front view:
video 1

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Okay, let's try again; It didn't feel perfect, but it felt better than previous session:

Side view:
video 1
video 2

Front view:
video 1

hey Awais, lot of work to do....but trust me "rome wans't built it a day"...

side view: elbows are out from the perpendicular

front view: ESPECIALLY your right one is out of the vertical line also from the front view.

image.png

Awais Muzaffar

I'm trying to push my elbows in as much as I can: 

And I am also trying to keep a constant lean forwrad:

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

I'm trying to push my elbows in as much as I can: 

And I am also trying to keep a constant lean forwrad:

 

nicely done...

Awais Muzaffar

Thanks! Your attention to detail is always really helpful.

 

Awais Muzaffar

Quick question @Alessandro Mainente Do you give your students a particular measurement for distance from hands to the wall?

Also, keeping the elbows over wrists, and elbows-in results in a stronger bent-arm handstand hold; I can already see the carry over. 



Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
On 9/16/2023 at 1:44 PM, Awais Muzaffar said:

Quick question @Alessandro Mainente Do you give your students a particular measurement for distance from hands to the wall?

Also, keeping the elbows over wrists, and elbows-in results in a stronger bent-arm handstand hold; I can already see the carry over. 



Thanks!

well it depends on the distance between one hand and the other one...

generally speaking you must visualize during the handstand pushup how much you lean because uf you are in a wall handstand the feet cannot move behind it in order to balance the the upper body that moves in the opposite direction. so you should fine the proper distance so tht in the bottom part of the movement the weight that is behind the hands is the same of the weight after the hands..if conditions are different you will fall on your face...

Awais Muzaffar

Now I can rotate my elbows fully back:

front view

But it means reaching more forward with my head;

937915684_Screenshot2023-09-24at19_47_15.thumb.png.a1555c425a8d4ad1e7ba15880604f1db.png

Hopefully this leads to better long term strength development.

 

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Now I can rotate my elbows fully back:

front view

But it means reaching more forward with my head;

937915684_Screenshot2023-09-24at19_47_15.thumb.png.a1555c425a8d4ad1e7ba15880604f1db.png

Hopefully this leads to better long term strength development.

 

probably this can be your position of the lower limbs since the mass on your upper body is more than the lower one.