Advice on my first round off back handsprings?

Started by Finn Frank, June 27, 2010 · 4 Replies · 2,227 Views

Finn Frank

Did my first RO flic at gym two days ago. And and today I managed my first ones on grass.

- Any tips on improvement would be appreciated.

- Also any drills and exercises to help me work on my shoulder pop would be good because I know that's a bit weak at the moment.

aLjqwFbjw4A

Thanks in advance :)

btw I can already RO tuck back on floor in gym but not on grass.

Blairbob

the back handspring is "high" because you are not turning your round-off over enough. It needs more backward momentum. Get those feet in front of your knees and knees in front of hips without piking.

Seiji

You can't RO back tuck on a hard surface? (grass) It looks like you'd be able to.

I personally can't do a round off handspring well, so I'm not going to try and give you advice. However, I can tell you that there are two different versions of the roundoff. One that you use for jumping up, and one that you use for jumping back. Right now, you're sort of in between.

Finn Frank
Seiji said:
You can't RO back tuck on a hard surface? (grass) It looks like you'd be able to.

I'm not really sure. I think I probably could manage it, but last time I tired it a few weeks ago I threw back a lot and my feet slipped out and I landed pretty much on my head :? . I think once I get my RO sorted, so I can turn it over faster, I'll try RO tuckback on grass again :)

Thanks for the replies guys!

Finn Frank

Some more RO flics after working on then a bit at gym and then going for a double flic on grass for the first time.

aT2vSQbDTfo

Got them a bit lower and faster and not so light on the hands as before. Thanks for your comments guys!