This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

C1 Tuck Ups 4x12

Started by Remya Rajalakshmi, June 10, 2023 · 9 Replies · 64 Views

Remya Rajalakshmi

Hi Alessandro:

Here is another one of the core routines. I am still in C1 mainly because I spent a lot of time on the flexibility aspect of this set - Stiff leg windmill and intend to take it slowly. I will post those videos as well for feedback. It is after about half year of effort I was able to touch the ground comfortably and consistently  during stiff leg windmill. My job involves about 8-5 in front of computer for more than 10 years now so those shoulder/traps and hip/obliques mobility  issues that coach Sommer talks about in podcast was a real limitation when I started out. 

First set :

Last set :

 

Thanks once again.

Krishnan

Alessandro Mainente
On 6/10/2023 at 8:37 PM, Remya Rajalakshmi said:

Hi Alessandro:

Here is another one of the core routines. I am still in C1 mainly because I spent a lot of time on the flexibility aspect of this set - Stiff leg windmill and intend to take it slowly. I will post those videos as well for feedback. It is after about half year of effort I was able to touch the ground comfortably and consistently  during stiff leg windmill. My job involves about 8-5 in front of computer for more than 10 years now so those shoulder/traps and hip/obliques mobility  issues that coach Sommer talks about in podcast was a real limitation when I started out. 

First set :

Last set :

 

Thanks once again.

Krishnan

not bad at all...if you can....try to open a bit the chest at the top.

Remya Rajalakshmi

C1 ruck ups last set of 5x15. Please let me know your review. 

C1 Mobility: 

This has been the most difficult mobility test for me so far. Please let me know your review. 

 

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Remya Rajalakshmi said:

C1 ruck ups last set of 5x15. Please let me know your review. 

C1 Mobility: 

This has been the most difficult mobility test for me so far. Please let me know your review. 

 

Hey Remya, i have couple of suggetion...for the windmill..strive to reach in the middle of the straddle...not to the side...

the second one....have you ever done the stretch course for the middle split?

Remya Rajalakshmi
7 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

the second one....have you ever done the stretch course for the middle split?

Hi Alessandro:

No! I have not bought or subscribed to middle split series. I am open to that if you think that will help. 
 

I can try to reach the middle of the straddle. Is the goal here to have more twisting of the trunk in the process? 
 

 

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Remya Rajalakshmi said:

Hi Alessandro:

No! I have not bought or subscribed to middle split series. I am open to that if you think that will help. 
 

I can try to reach the middle of the straddle. Is the goal here to have more twisting of the trunk in the process? 
 

 

There are some stretches in the middle split that can be very helpful in order to improve the compression of your upper body on the lower limbs.

Remya Rajalakshmi

Today was upper body day but I tired this windmill at the end of my workout,  Does this have any improvement with a conscious attempt to reach the middle of the straddle. Challenging than earlier one and I can feel more in the hip flexors and hamstrings. 

 

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Remya Rajalakshmi said:

Today was upper body day but I tired this windmill at the end of my workout,  Does this have any improvement with a conscious attempt to reach the middle of the straddle. Challenging than earlier one and I can feel more in the hip flexors and hamstrings. 

 

IT is starting point..if you change something that is not directly involved with technical refinement you need more time. specifically it is not a matter of the hands reaching in between the legs..but all the upper body,..

Remya Rajalakshmi
3 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

IT is starting point..if you change something that is not directly involved with technical refinement you need more time. specifically it is not a matter of the hands reaching in between the legs..but all the upper body,..

Thanks, I can follow your comment. Specifically my question is this starting point sufficient to see improvement in compression over time or is complementary middle split exercises a necessity here to see any improvement at all? 

 

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Remya Rajalakshmi said:

Thanks, I can follow your comment. Specifically my question is this starting point sufficient to see improvement in compression over time or is complementary middle split exercises a necessity here to see any improvement at all? 

 

Having complementary work usually accelerate the progress..