Hi GymBod coaches,
How is my form? My hips do touch the ground before my feet. Is this within the tolerable limit or do I need to get better?
I started with terrible form. Did a LOT of hollow body holds + Hollow body rocks after this:
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Arif Vakil, June 2, 2023 · 6 Replies · 36 Views
Hi GymBod coaches,
How is my form? My hips do touch the ground before my feet. Is this within the tolerable limit or do I need to get better?
I started with terrible form. Did a LOT of hollow body holds + Hollow body rocks after this:
19 minutes ago, Arif Vakil said:Hi GymBod coaches,
How is my form? My hips do touch the ground before my feet. Is this within the tolerable limit or do I need to get better?
I started with terrible form. Did a LOT of hollow body holds + Hollow body rocks after this:
Hi Arif lot of work to do here, i'm not sure you are ready for it....first i analyze your execution.
in the top row you can find the 3 main points of the bodyline and how they are related....shoulder..hip and heel
in the botto line HOW YOU should be...as you can see a straight line where all the 3 points are aligned.
in your case can be lack of muscles strenght or lack of muscles coordination.
i'm gonna ask you to post your 60 reps of straddle hollow body rocks and also the single leg variation because i suspect that deficit on the body lever is showed also on the previous elements..
Hi @Alessandro Mainente,
Please ignore the above video. I posted that just for reference on the improvement made so far. Below is my latest video and where I currently am in my progression. If you could please have a look at the below video and let me know on my form.
Thanks so much!
Warmly,
Arif
Hey Arif. While I admire your enthusiasm, you're trying to progress much too quickly through the GST programs. Many of us have been doing GST for years and have spent months refining the various movements. Keep in mind that the program is designed as a progression to an ultimate goal. The chain of the final goal, like the front lever, is only as strong as each of the links that make it up. If you progress through one stage without properly completing it, you will not have the strength, endurance, or mobility to reach the ultimate goal.
If I were you, I'd slow down and not proceed to the next step until the coaches give you a thumbs up that you are good to go...starting with step one of each exercise.
That's my two cents worth. Good luck with the program!
5 hours ago, Arif Vakil said:Hi @Alessandro Mainente,
Please ignore the above video. I posted that just for reference on the improvement made so far. Below is my latest video and where I currently am in my progression. If you could please have a look at the below video and let me know on my form.
Thanks so much!
Warmly,
Arif
The starting positition here is better bu the main mistake is the same....in fact in the bottom position you reach with the butt and after with the heels...this means that hips are felxed.
23 hours ago, Bill Marr said:If I were you, I'd slow down and not proceed to the next step until the coaches give you a thumbs up that you are good to go...starting with step one of each exercise.
That's my two cents worth. Good luck with the program!
I needed to hear that Bill! Thank you so very much. Will slow down and do just that!
On 6/2/2023 at 12:41 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:I'm gonna ask you to post your 60 reps of straddle hollow body rocks and also the single leg variation because i suspect that deficit on the body lever is showed also on the previous elements..
Hi @Alessandro Mainente,
Sure thing. I think I'll go all the way back to Bent Hollow Body Hold. When I'm confident of a good set of 60 reps of Hollow body Rocks will post it here.
Warmly,
Arif