This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Could You please form check the box handstand pushup?

Started by Botond Orban, April 21, 2023 · 8 Replies · 59 Views

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Botond Orban said:

Hi

Here are the videos of 3 series of box handstand pushup:

https://www.icloud.com/photos/#0e2szerF3A2mtHjhSS3Q1iIyg
 

https://www.icloud.com/photos/#059sJzuMRJfrSvTtjbwBocL2w
 

https://www.icloud.com/photos/#0cewi4ftwvafXDlGLoP0xAb1g

Can You please chexk the correctness? Thx

Hi Botond, they are a good starting point...

there are 3 minor mistakes:

1- sometime you begins with shoulder forward, they should be stacked over the hands in the starting position

2- neck excessively flexed, you should be able to see the thumbs with the pheriperal view

3- feet height. as you increase the rom the feet should be held lower than the hips proportionally to the depth of the box hespu.

IN order to check for other problem a front view is necessary.

Botond Orban
On 4/22/2023 at 6:58 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Botond, they are a good starting point...

there are 3 minor mistakes:

1- sometime you begins with shoulder forward, they should be stacked over the hands in the starting position

2- neck excessively flexed, you should be able to see the thumbs with the pheriperal view

3- feet height. as you increase the rom the feet should be held lower than the hips proportionally to the depth of the box hespu.

IN order to check for other problem a front view is necessary.

Here is the front view:
https://www.icloud.com/photos/#0c7t0XwKa26-Y64eu13FfaSrg
 

1-2 will be easy to correct. (I flex my neck as a side effect of holding the core hollowed)

3: - should I use a lower box? I tried to put my feet lower than my hip many times but that is too easy. in fact this is the maximum I can do it with strong held core. I can't imagine lower than hips proportionally to the depth of the box hespu. can you elaborate that "proportionally to the depth of the box hespu". In my interpretation the depth of the boxhespu is the length of "upper arm".
 

I also try to keep my feet dorsiflexed to not leave room for help from legs,
Also ppt my hips to not let my hip flexors help me in lifting my body.

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Botond Orban said:

Here is the front view:
https://www.icloud.com/photos/#0c7t0XwKa26-Y64eu13FfaSrg
 

1-2 will be easy to correct. (I flex my neck as a side effect of holding the core hollowed)

3: - should I use a lower box? I tried to put my feet lower than my hip many times but that is too easy. in fact this is the maximum I can do it with strong held core. I can't imagine lower than hips proportionally to the depth of the box hespu. can you elaborate that "proportionally to the depth of the box hespu". In my interpretation the depth of the boxhespu is the length of "upper arm".
 

I also try to keep my feet dorsiflexed to not leave room for help from legs,
Also ppt my hips to not let my hip flexors help me in lifting my body.

The interpretation is ok if you touch with the forehead the floor at the same level of your palms..but it is not your case, you are going deeper.

the back view reveals the most common mistake....forearms move out from the "like of push", it can be a technical mistake. ideally the elbows should stay stacked over the wrist and the forearm should be vertical...always. the tendency of movng them outer will create a technical erro with bad evolution on free hs pushup.

Botond Orban
8 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

The interpretation is ok if you touch with the forehead the floor at the same level of your palms..but it is not your case, you are going deeper.

the back view reveals the most common mistake....forearms move out from the "like of push", it can be a technical mistake. ideally the elbows should stay stacked over the wrist and the forearm should be vertical...always. the tendency of movng them outer will create a technical erro with bad evolution on free hs pushup.

I see :) thx. That moving out elbows could've been the cause of my shoulder impingement syndrom back in January.
My takeaway: it should be perfectly vertical, not even out 5 cm. super.

Yesterday evening I folded the mat to be aproximately at the same height as my "palm", can You check it please:

https://www.icloud.com/photos/#07bxy11bOfpWSkgPZrvxqBgDw

I am going with this mat height from now on.

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Botond Orban said:

I see :) thx. That moving out elbows could've been the cause of my shoulder impingement syndrom back in January.
My takeaway: it should be perfectly vertical, not even out 5 cm. super.

Yesterday evening I folded the mat to be aproximately at the same height as my "palm", can You check it please:

https://www.icloud.com/photos/#07bxy11bOfpWSkgPZrvxqBgDw

I am going with this mat height from now on.

Personally i think that you must reduce the deficit. there is one technical problem, you push vertical firt then back to the handstand while the movement should be  push both vertically and horizontally. you can see the problem because the elbow instead of stay stacked over the wrist it moves to the left.

Botond Orban
20 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Personally i think that you must reduce the deficit. there is one technical problem, you push vertical firt then back to the handstand while the movement should be  push both vertically and horizontally. you can see the problem because the elbow instead of stay stacked over the wrist it moves to the left.

I agree :) thx for pointing that out. Indeed the movement should be more circular around the albow around the vertical lover arm, not so 2 phasic ;)

 

thx again

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, Botond Orban said:

Hi @Alessandro Mainente

What about this form:
https://www.icloud.com/photos/#04c5SiVYenWV6GujWeg4i8e_A
 

?

THe trajecotory is correct, the problem now is that you tend to arch the spine when you more back inot the starting position.