This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How to fit all in one week - Front Split, Middle Split, Thoracic Stretch?

Started by Arif Vakil, April 16, 2023 · 2 Replies · 128 Views

Arif Vakil

Hi fellow Gymnasts!

The way a typical workout week is organised into:
- 4 days of conditioning (+ stretching between sets)
- 2 days of just stretching
- 1 day rest. 

My question: How does one fit all the three stretches (1. Front Split, 2. Middle Split, 3. Thoracic Stretch) within the week in the 2 days of stretching?

I'm currently focusing just on Front Split and Thoracic.  I'm doing that because right now, I really want to get my seated pike & pancake right. 
Is there a better practice that I can follow?

Thanks so much!
Arif

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Arif Vakil said:

Hi fellow Gymnasts!

The way a typical workout week is organised into:
- 4 days of conditioning (+ stretching between sets)
- 2 days of just stretching
- 1 day rest. 

My question: How does one fit all the three stretches (1. Front Split, 2. Middle Split, 3. Thoracic Stretch) within the week in the 2 days of stretching?

I'm currently focusing just on Front Split and Thoracic.  I'm doing that because right now, I really want to get my seated pike & pancake right. 
Is there a better practice that I can follow?

Thanks so much!
Arif

Hi Arif, very simpele...first thing first...if you are more tight in the lower body then go for middle split and front split in the week....then in the second week you insert one session of thoracic bridge and one class for the lower body, the 3rd week you move back to front split and middle split, on the 4th week yu do thoracic bridge and the lower body class that you didn't have in the second week. then you begin from the first week.

Arif Vakil

And problem solved! Thanks as always, @Alessandro Mainente !