This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Incline row

Started by Vlada Y Bortnik, March 30, 2023 · 5 Replies · 61 Views

Vlada Y Bortnik

Hi, I’m doing this program at home and don’t have rings. How can I do incline rows? Or is there a good substitute?

Alessandro Mainente
21 minutes ago, Vlada Y Bortnik said:

Hi, I’m doing this program at home and don’t have rings. How can I do incline rows? Or is there a good substitute?

Hi Vlada, the best easier solution is a bar that can be adjusted by the pressure on the door frame.

some people do it under a table but if you are at the beginning it can produce and over stress of the forearms muscles.

Matthew Walker
On 3/30/2023 at 10:50 AM, Vlada Y Bortnik said:

Hi, I’m doing this program at home and don’t have rings. How can I do incline rows? Or is there a good substitute?

You can find any kind of thin straps or even a bed sheet and any kind of handles (or just hold the strap/sheet if you don't have any rings or handles of any kind. Put it over the top of a door and close the door. 

Vlada Y Bortnik

great idea!

Matthew Walker
On 3/31/2023 at 4:01 PM, Vlada Y Bortnik said:

great idea!

If I were you I would definitely buy some rings. You can find them pretty cheap ($30 or $40 on Amazon). Obviously you'd need to hang them from a ceiling. If you can't/don't want to do it a handyman would probably only charge maybe $50 to do it. It's pretty simple. I use these. Hold all 185lbs of me on one ring without even a sound. 
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TBMSQ1G?ref=nb_sb_ss_w_as-reorder-t1_k3_1_17&amp=&crid=18I6UJYIY8MV&amp=&sprefix=yoga+body+ceiling

 

Vlada Y Bortnik

Thank you