I am so LOVING this exercise. The first time, I couldn't even get on the bar. Now my legs are way beyond parallel. Posting here for a form check. Thanks guys!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Arif Vakil, March 21, 2023 · 6 Replies · 56 Views
I am so LOVING this exercise. The first time, I couldn't even get on the bar. Now my legs are way beyond parallel. Posting here for a form check. Thanks guys!
3 hours ago, Arif Vakil said:I am so LOVING this exercise. The first time, I couldn't even get on the bar. Now my legs are way beyond parallel. Posting here for a form check. Thanks guys!
HI Arif, it is a matter of posterior chain flexibility...how is your seated pike?
Thanks for the response @Alessandro Mainente! I was SUPER Tight and my pike was very bad. I've gotten better. Below is a video of me doing the pike:
1 hour ago, Arif Vakil said:Thanks for the response @Alessandro Mainente! I was SUPER Tight and my pike was very bad. I've gotten better. Below is a video of me doing the pike:
HI Arif, bad news.....you are still tight in the hamstring in fact the seated pike stretch is a good way to understand if the stretch of the posterior chain occurs in the legs or inthe spine...in your case the stretch occurs in the spine and you can see that it is very rounded, opposied to that your hips tend to stay in posterior pelvic tilt.
i'm pretty sure that if you try this test you will find some difficulties to reach the 90° with straight legs.
Thanks for catching that, @Alessandro Mainente! Really appreciate it! I have recorded myself doing the same stretch below.
What do you recommend I add to my routine to improve flexibility to my hamstrings? Shall I do the same stretch every night before sleeping? Say a few reps?
I alternate between the forward split & middle split routine every week.
Warmly,
Arif
19 hours ago, Arif Vakil said:Thanks for catching that, @Alessandro Mainente! Really appreciate it! I have recorded myself doing the same stretch below.
What do you recommend I add to my routine to improve flexibility to my hamstrings? Shall I do the same stretch every night before sleeping? Say a few reps?
I alternate between the forward split & middle split routine every week.
Warmly,
Arif
Hey Arif..keep in mind that the test should be performed without any assistance of the arms. the strech can be done easily with a dorm frame that blocks your heel.
Oh I didn't know both these things:
- Test is to be done without arms
- Stretch can be done with a door frame.
Thanks for this, @Alessandro Mainente!