So this is week 10 of my SSC. I was to test all my statics this week or the next, but I had to postpone that. From 3rd to 10th of July I won't be able to train because I'll be on a trip. It's obvious I'll have to put new cycle on hold for the time being, but need some advice on how to organize my training after returning from the trip. I plan on doing my current cycle for a while, maybe week or two after the trip. Is this a good idea? How will this week off affect my progress? Should I have few light sessions or what? Are two weeks enough to regain any possible loses from week off? Should I do more? Or less? You get the idea. Thanks for any advice.
Forced to pause for a week, need advice please
Started by Adriano Katkic, June 25, 2010 · 4 Replies · 2,265 Views
The obvious answer is to train on your trip. Rings are about as portable as equipment goes, and I doubt you'll be busy for 168 hours straight. If it were me I would do the testing before the 3rd (I tend to test instead of WO to ensure max times are just that, and TBH 1x in 8weeks won't cost me too much). You have a week to test your FSP's, that's plenty of time in my book. If working out on the trip really is a problem then you could GTG, or have a half volume week, or take the week off calmly and not make cortisol over it. You'll loose extremely little is any strength over a week, so there really is no cause for concern. Just try to enjoy your trip, to make it worth the week off ![]()
I'm going to spend a whole week with my future mother and father -in law. In their house. Get it? ![]()
Tell them you are stepping out for a smoke break and bring your rings instead. ![]()
you can still do handstands, L-sits, and planche work anywhere. There is no excuse not to train. If you want to take a week off however, it may be good for you. Kick your heels up and rest.