This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rope Climb Steps

Started by Paul Del Casino, March 2, 2023 · 3 Replies · 85 Views

Paul Del Casino

Can someone explain the RC steps to me? It looks like it starts with climbing 1/4, then 1/2, then 3/4 the way up the rope; am I reading that correctly? Eventually at Step 7 looks like 4 reps of climbing all the way up, but what are step 8 & 9 about? The last step says 5x5/4; I don't follow what that means.

Alessandro Mainente

H

13 hours ago, Paul Del Casino said:

Can someone explain the RC steps to me? It looks like it starts with climbing 1/4, then 1/2, then 3/4 the way up the rope; am I reading that correctly? Eventually at Step 7 looks like 4 reps of climbing all the way up, but what are step 8 & 9 about? The last step says 5x5/4; I don't follow what that means.

Hi Paul, pretty simple ...it is 4 meters (full rope) + full descent + another meter.  total climbed 5 meters.

Paul Del Casino

Ohhh I had no idea it was the length of the rope; I didn't see that written anywhere. Thanks.
So what's the idea behind climbing up an extra meter at the end? Is there something to reversing directions again at the end for that last meter?

Alessandro Mainente
On 3/3/2023 at 2:14 PM, Paul Del Casino said:

Ohhh I had no idea it was the length of the rope; I didn't see that written anywhere. Thanks.
So what's the idea behind climbing up an extra meter at the end? Is there something to reversing directions again at the end for that last meter?

nothing strange...simply doing 5 meters.