This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Help going from HBP/PE8 (single bar dips underhanded) to HBP/PE9 (korean dips)

Started by Manuel Zapata, January 25, 2023 · 2 Replies · 42 Views

Manuel Zapata

I've mastered Single Bar Dips but haven't been able to do a single Korean Dip. I can't even get in position and don't know why.

 

Here's me doing single bar dips underhanded, both front and side view. 


Now, this is an attempt at Korean Dips, gone wrong (fortunately didn't get hurt) The main issue here for me is I don't know how to even activate my muscles, how to move to do the exercise. So naturally, I fall. It's the equivalent of asking an average person to do a one arm handstand. They might put a single hand on the floor, but really have no clue what to do next.

 

For now, I'm doing holds at the bottom position. My theory is, once I get to sets of 15 seconds or maybe 20, I'll be somehow able to do a negative. So far I'm doing 5 sets of 5 seconds. Here's a clip.

All advice and feedback is welcome.

 

Alessandro Mainente
9 minutes ago, Manuel Zapata said:

I've mastered Single Bar Dips but haven't been able to do a single Korean Dip. I can't even get in position and don't know why.

 

Here's me doing single bar dips underhanded, both front and side view. 


Now, this is an attempt at Korean Dips, gone wrong (fortunately didn't get hurt) The main issue here for me is I don't know how to even activate my muscles, how to move to do the exercise. So naturally, I fall. It's the equivalent of asking an average person to do a one arm handstand. They might put a single hand on the floor, but really have no clue what to do next.

 

For now, I'm doing holds at the bottom position. My theory is, once I get to sets of 15 seconds or maybe 20, I'll be somehow able to do a negative. So far I'm doing 5 sets of 5 seconds. Here's a clip.

All advice and feedback is welcome.

 

HI manuel the movement requires a bit of momenum. so beginning from the top:

- adduct the shoulder blade

- then think about pulling self down  trying to hold the upper body on one side (left) of the bar while the hips move on the opposite (right)---i refer to the second video with the iso hold);

- meanwhile strive to arch the body whitout beding at the hips and at the knees

- when the butt passes over the bar the body will naturally swing backward

- here if you loose the arc on the upper and lower back you are gonna to fail

-wait tha the swing moves your body in the "almost" 45° position and WAIT, when it begins to move back you must first push forwaard-upwrd 45° ao that the butt can horizottally pass the bar, then you push vertically and the back  over the bar...

the most critic part is still the beginning.

Manuel Zapata

Thanks for the tips. I'll give it a try later in the week and come back for feedback.