This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE4 - Form check

Started by Massimiliano Rossi, January 18, 2023 · 8 Replies · 55 Views

Massimiliano Rossi

Good afternoon everyone,

Here's a clip of my first attempt at Arch Ups (SL/PE4):
 

Due to my previous training and back flexibility, they're not much of a challenge for me.

If form is ok, I would complete mastery and move to the next element.

Let me know what you think of my technique, thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Massimiliano Rossi said:

Good afternoon everyone,

Here's a clip of my first attempt at Arch Ups (SL/PE4):
 

Due to my previous training and back flexibility, they're not much of a challenge for me.

If form is ok, I would complete mastery and move to the next element.

Let me know what you think of my technique, thanks!

Hi Massimiliano, you must try to use a different setup because in this way the exercise is more for glutes and hamstring rather than upper and lower back.

look at this: 

this ia GHD machine.

t

Massimiliano Rossi
13 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Massimiliano, you must try to use a different setup because in this way the exercise is more for glutes and hamstring rather than upper and lower back.

look at this: 

this ia GHD machine.

t

Do you think it's possible to execute the exercise using the machine I have put in my video? If not any recommendation for equipment that you could find in a regular gym?

I really appreciate the video you linked for me, but that apparatus looks very specialised only to weightlifting gyms: have never seen it before..

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Massimiliano Rossi said:

Do you think it's possible to execute the exercise using the machine I have put in my video? If not any recommendation for equipment that you could find in a regular gym?

I really appreciate the video you linked for me, but that apparatus looks very specialised only to weightlifting gyms: have never seen it before..

if you have a stallbar and a wood box/plyobox you can use them....if not i suggest to complete the exercise by adding as a goal 20-30 kg

Massimiliano Rossi
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

if you have a stallbar and a wood box/plyobox you can use them....if not i suggest to complete the exercise by adding as a goal 20-30 kg

Thanks a lot, I will definitely try out one of these solutions and film again!

Massimiliano Rossi
On 1/19/2023 at 6:21 PM, Massimiliano Rossi said:

Thanks a lot, I will definitely try out one of these solutions and film again!

Tried the setup you suggest, exercise now finally feels intense enough. How's form looking?
 

Also, am I supposed to feel this in the legs too? Right now I mostly feel my low back and upper back working. Let me know what you think.

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Massimiliano Rossi said:

Tried the setup you suggest, exercise now finally feels intense enough. How's form looking?
 

Also, am I supposed to feel this in the legs too? Right now I mostly feel my low back and upper back working. Let me know what you think.

very nice setup...i would move the box evn closer so that you can flex at the hips even more and achieve some more depth in the rom.

Massimiliano Rossi
On 1/23/2023 at 9:32 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

very nice setup...i would move the box evn closer so that you can flex at the hips even more and achieve some more depth in the rom.

How is it looking now?
 

This is as close as the box will go :) 

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Massimiliano Rossi said:

How is it looking now?
 

This is as close as the box will go :) 

The only one point no is to slow down the speed of the negative to 2-3''...