This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What is the Body Weight strap that hangs from Stall bars called?

Started by Arif Vakil, January 9, 2023 · 3 Replies · 69 Views

Arif Vakil

Hi Fit & Beautiful Gymnasts!

I'm looking to get a Body Weight strap that I can hang to my pullup bar or Stall Bars to use as a Pommel Horse alternative.  Like the one used by Orange here: 

image.thumb.png.1b350a4f09f7824bce0820630dc2fecd.png

 

What is this strap exactly called?  Would appreciate any links where I can buy it.

Thanks so much!

Arif

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Arif Vakil said:

Hi Fit & Beautiful Gymnasts!

I'm looking to get a Body Weight strap that I can hang to my pullup bar or Stall Bars to use as a Pommel Horse alternative.  Like the one used by Orange here: 

image.thumb.png.1b350a4f09f7824bce0820630dc2fecd.png

 

What is this strap exactly called?  Would appreciate any links where I can buy it.

Thanks so much!

Arif

Hi Arif i do not know if they have a specific name. you can do them by using a belt of weigthed dip and 2 normal straps so that you can save the wood of the stall bar from overuse.

Matthew Walker
On 1/8/2023 at 10:55 PM, Arif Vakil said:

Hi Fit & Beautiful Gymnasts!

I'm looking to get a Body Weight strap that I can hang to my pullup bar or Stall Bars to use as a Pommel Horse alternative.  Like the one used by Orange here: 

image.thumb.png.1b350a4f09f7824bce0820630dc2fecd.png

 

What is this strap exactly called?  Would appreciate any links where I can buy it.

Thanks so much!

Arif

A lot of people call them Yoga Pelvic Swings. You can find them by that name. I use a regular Yoga Swing for this kind of stuff. Works for me. They're also fun for hanging upside down just playing around like a monkey. 

David Pardy 340028

I followed Alessandro's advice some time ago and found a reasonably priced dip belt on eBay, been using it a few years now with no issues