This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Parallel Bar Dip

Started by Rafael Redrado Navarro, December 20, 2022 · 7 Replies · 72 Views

Rafael Redrado Navarro

Hello there!

I'd like to have some feedback about my parallel bar dip form. Here's from the back:

And here's from the side:

I'm currently on the 5x5 step, but I don't have the equipment and/or space to do single bar dip, so I thought about adding weight to the parallel bar dip. Would that be a good idea?

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Rafael Redrado Navarro said:

Hello there!

I'd like to have some feedback about my parallel bar dip form. Here's from the back:

And here's from the side:

I'm currently on the 5x5 step, but I don't have the equipment and/or space to do single bar dip, so I thought about adding weight to the parallel bar dip. Would that be a good idea?

Thanks!

hey Rafael can you please post a video fo the front view?

Rafael Redrado Navarro

Here's the front view:

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Rafael, i suggest you to stay on this element and slow down the speed of both positive and negative. for example after the negative you are tilted to the side. then when you move back you open the your left arm to the side and the opposite is coloser to the upper body. you must correct it.

Rafael Redrado Navarro

Thank you for the correction. I've been working on it and I think I'm doing better. I marked the middle of the bar as a guide and that's why I'm looking down. How does it look now?

Thanks again

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Rafael Redrado Navarro said:

Thank you for the correction. I've been working on it and I think I'm doing better. I marked the middle of the bar as a guide and that's why I'm looking down. How does it look now?

Thanks again

hEY Rafael, there is still some anterior tilt of the right shoulder, are you wathing yourself in a mirror during the set?

Rafael Redrado Navarro

I've been using a mirror and the videos to try to understand and correct what I'm doing wrong. This time, I've tried pulling my shoulders back to try to avoid the anterior tilt, is it looking any better?

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Rafael Redrado Navarro said:

I've been using a mirror and the videos to try to understand and correct what I'm doing wrong. This time, I've tried pulling my shoulders back to try to avoid the anterior tilt, is it looking any better?

Thanks

nicely done. keppe in mind that the more vertical are the forearms the better it is.