This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SPl/PE5 - Form check request

Started by Massimiliano Rossi, December 14, 2022 · 8 Replies · 84 Views

Massimiliano Rossi

Hey everyone, would appreciate your feedback on my form for the planche lean which I've just started training.

Here's a video I filmed today for it: 

 

Wondering if my hips are too high at the moment, or if it looks correct for you. Let me know!

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, Massimiliano Rossi said:

Hey everyone, would appreciate your feedback on my form for the planche lean which I've just started training.

Here's a video I filmed today for it: 

 

Wondering if my hips are too high at the moment, or if it looks correct for you. Let me know!

hI Massimiliano, we have some work to do....

1) first....hips are too high, they should be at the same height of the shoulders;

2) heels should be together;

3) you must let the shoulder to do the work...to not resist with the instep.

 

Massimiliano Rossi
19 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

hI Massimiliano, we have some work to do....

1) first....hips are too high, they should be at the same height of the shoulders;

2) heels should be together;

3) you must let the shoulder to do the work...to not resist with the instep.

 

Appreciate the feedback, thanks! Will implement the corrections and film it again tomorrow.

Massimiliano Rossi
20 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

hI Massimiliano, we have some work to do....

1) first....hips are too high, they should be at the same height of the shoulders;

2) heels should be together;

3) you must let the shoulder to do the work...to not resist with the instep.

 

Appreciate the feedback, thanks! Here's a new version filmed: 


How is this form looking?

Alessandro Mainente
15 minutes ago, Massimiliano Rossi said:

Appreciate the feedback, thanks! Here's a new version filmed: 


How is this form looking?

Hi Massimiliano, you must work more on point 2 and 1.....it requires time...reduce the lean so that you can spend more seconds in the position.

Massimiliano Rossi
On 12/16/2022 at 2:04 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Massimiliano, you must work more on point 2 and 1.....it requires time...reduce the lean so that you can spend more seconds in the position.

How is it looking now? 
 

I'm struggling to understand whether the 'core' has to do any work here (other than posterior tilt) or if the exercise is all about shoulders, wrist, and keeping the hips extended. Shall I actively contract the core or relax it?

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Massimiliano Rossi said:

How is it looking now? 
 

I'm struggling to understand whether the 'core' has to do any work here (other than posterior tilt) or if the exercise is all about shoulders, wrist, and keeping the hips extended. Shall I actively contract the core or relax it?

HI Massimiliano , the first mistake here is at the beginning where instead of lean and slide the feet of the floor you finish to hold the feet in place and lose protraction.

the core is engaged in the same way of the normal plank position so abs are squeezed, hips you have posterior pelvic tilt and hips extension. 

anytime you draw a line from shoulder straigth down to heels and you see that hips are above that line then you lack of hips extension.

Massimiliano Rossi
2 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Massimiliano , the first mistake here is at the beginning where instead of lean and slide the feet of the floor you finish to hold the feet in place and lose protraction.

the core is engaged in the same way of the normal plank position so abs are squeezed, hips you have posterior pelvic tilt and hips extension. 

anytime you draw a line from shoulder straigth down to heels and you see that hips are above that line then you lack of hips extension.

Thanks! I'm really wondering, what you suggest to do to contrast the tendency of the hips to flex? I've tried going back to straight arm planks and single arm planks elements but my hips are in a good place there and fall within the line you described.

This element, the planche lean, is the only one I'm struggling with technique...should I just keep going and over time I will develop have the right strength, or should I do low volume sets focusing only on technique for now? Any recommendation?

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Massimiliano Rossi said:

Thanks! I'm really wondering, what you suggest to do to contrast the tendency of the hips to flex? I've tried going back to straight arm planks and single arm planks elements but my hips are in a good place there and fall within the line you described.

This element, the planche lean, is the only one I'm struggling with technique...should I just keep going and over time I will develop have the right strength, or should I do low volume sets focusing only on technique for now? Any recommendation?

Usually when someone tries to resist the fall with hips then an hips flexion appears...my suggestion is to reduce the lean and build up habits...no matter how much...