This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pull-up form check

Started by Oliver Croft, December 8, 2022 · 11 Replies · 63 Views

Oliver Croft

Hi, can I have a form check please.

 

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

Hi, can I have a form check please.

 

hi Over, the first correction for you is to reduce the tendency of the elbow of flaring out.

Oliver Croft

Is this better?

My R elbow is clicking slightly now that I'm going narrower.

Oliver Croft

Is this any good?

I tried some more reps. NO clicking in my R elbow this time.

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

Is this any good?

I tried some more reps. NO clicking in my R elbow this time.

hey Oliver, think that the forearms should stay parallel one to the other...

Oliver Croft

How's this?

But, now my R elbow is clicking again...what do I do?

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

How's this?

But, now my R elbow is clicking again...what do I do?

The elbows are fine...if you can now notice another particular....that your right shoulder has the tendency to be higher than the left in some point of the movement so you must force yourself to feel it even lower than the left..maybe you will feel the situation asymmetrical..but it is only because you are used to feet the asymmetrical position as normal.

Oliver Croft

Ok, I'll get on it.

Oliver Croft

I've been trying this week.

I can't stop my elbow from clicking when I strive to keep my forearms parallel. If I point my elbows forward early, my right elbow clicks half way through the pull-up.

 

Oliver Croft

I'm still practicing to keep my right shoulder pulled down, I haven't forgotten ...

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, Oliver Croft said:

I'm still practicing to keep my right shoulder pulled down, I haven't forgotten ...

what do you mean whith click? pain?

Oliver Croft

I think that a tendon on the medial side (of my elbow) is twanging over the bone. Click is the best word I can use to describe.

 

It isn't painful ... yet. I've been searching the internet for what it is. I think if it keeps clicking it will become irritated...then painful.