This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 100625

Started by Coach Sommer, June 25, 2010 · 3 Replies · 1,296 Views

Coach Sommer

jFdz0yjVLik

Complete the following:

3 sets of Basic Ring Strength 2

5x15 seconds Inverted Hang

5x15 seconds German Hang

5x15 seconds XR Support Hold

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

notes:

1) Add additional MU, Bulgarian Dips and Tick Tocks to the series as necessary to make the series challenging for your current strength level.

2) Rest at least 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

3) Complete all 3 sets of the ring strength series prior to beginning the static hold position sets.

Saber2

Coach,

Today was my first day attempting the WOD's and I thoroughly enjoyed it. If you see my log you can see that I was doing the same statics each day it was my strength day. The last two strength days I lost the oomph to keep going. Anyway today instead of ring series 2 I did ring series 1 considering I have not done either one before. The statics you listed I did as prescribed. I didn't realize how demanding the transitions can be and how that carried over to the holds. Usually in BL or FL I can hold for 12-15s tuck to flat tuck, in the ring series 5s was just right. Overall great workout! Also the one excercise I was unaware of was the XR support hold. I assume that means the top of a dip position because thats what I did. Anyway I look forward to attempting more of these WOD.

I think the last WOD I peaked at had 20 mins of HS, that was intimidating considering I can't really hold a handstand for longer than a minute. What would you suggest on your WOD that involve work like that?

Alvaro

Return to training (due to my injured knee I had a rest yesterday). Today as I can´t do a muscle up I did this X 3:

-pull up with false grip, trying to practice the transition.

-XR dip and then support (added a L sit support to make it more demanding)

-then again to the tall rings to perform, inverted hang to BL (tuck) 5seg, to German hang 5 seg to inverted hang to front level(tuck) 5 seg, and then down slowly to hanging L sit.

resting 3 min.

Inverted hang 15 seg X 5 as Rx´d

Support 10 seg x 5 (unable to do 15 seg yet) , with this one my elbows were starting to be the weakest point.

German hang 10 seg x 4. Now my elbows were on fire (but not to a dangerous level) The last one would be too much so I let it like that. I really feel this work out is making me work in a different way and I like it. :D

With the wall runs my hands are almost 1 inch from the wall in the lower part of the movement (pulling hard to the wall that is), I can put them on the wall but I have to arch my lower back from the wall, Is that correct?.

Richard Duelley

I did this one as prescribed except I did 5x15 sec of XR L-sits instead of the supports and man was that last set rough. Luckily a friend was there to motivate me. :mrgreen: I think the German hangs were the worst, the last 2 sets of those were really uncomfortable.