This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Can't Do C11 (Open Planche)

Started by Lee Raulin, November 10, 2022 · 3 Replies · 64 Views

Lee Raulin

I'm on A19 and B17 and progressing smoothly, but with planche, I feel like I'm stuck on C10, for months. I got through the reps and went to C11. I knew my form wasn't perfect, but just struggled through, but then found C12 to be way too hard... Then I realized I never properly did open planche at all. I can have my legs between my arms or outside them. Keeping my knees completely behind my elbows seems physically impossible.

Any tips on progressing from tuck planche to open planche? I feel like I need another progression step.

I guess I just have to be patient? For I while I felt an intense, almost painful contraction in forearms when doing these kinds of straight arm exercises, but that no longer seems to be the case, so I guess I'm getting stronger. But I've been doing the program for over a year, and I think this is the most stuck I've been on anything.

Guess I'll just work through C10 again. I'm also trying open planch with pull up bands to take a little bit of the weight off. Any suggestions?

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Lee Raulin said:

I'm on A19 and B17 and progressing smoothly, but with planche, I feel like I'm stuck on C10, for months. I got through the reps and went to C11. I knew my form wasn't perfect, but just struggled through, but then found C12 to be way too hard... Then I realized I never properly did open planche at all. I can have my legs between my arms or outside them. Keeping my knees completely behind my elbows seems physically impossible.

Any tips on progressing from tuck planche to open planche? I feel like I need another progression step.

I guess I just have to be patient? For I while I felt an intense, almost painful contraction in forearms when doing these kinds of straight arm exercises, but that no longer seems to be the case, so I guess I'm getting stronger. But I've been doing the program for over a year, and I think this is the most stuck I've been on anything.

Guess I'll just work through C10 again. I'm also trying open planch with pull up bands to take a little bit of the weight off. Any suggestions?

Hey Lee, ive noticed that you have zero post on the forum this means that i've never had the opportunity to judge your execution (no matter the level of your planche). so inability to do a movement can be a combination of strength and also technique. a proper techinque means for example that the shoulder should be strongly depressed, if not you are not going to activate anteriore deltoid and as a consequence hold the position. Since the open planche has the pre req of 30'' tuck planche i must ask you to post it please so that i can judge form and how it change during the hold.

Lee Raulin


First time I guess I just struggled through; now I stop counting the second a foot touches the floor. I'm on step 5 and seem to be stuck there. I try to do the best I can each time, but I don't seem to be making much progress. This is most stuck I've been in the program so far. Here are my last five attempts:

Set 1: 15
Set 2: 15
Set 3: 12
Set 4: 12

Set 1: 18
Set 2: 18
Set 3: 14
Set 4: 8
    
Set 1: 18
Set 2: 18
Set 3: 17
Set 4: 13
    
Set 1: 18
Set 2: 18
Set 3: 8
Set 4: 12

Set 1: 18
Set 2: 16
Set 3: 14
Set 4: 9

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Lee Raulin said:


First time I guess I just struggled through; now I stop counting the second a foot touches the floor. I'm on step 5 and seem to be stuck there. I try to do the best I can each time, but I don't seem to be making much progress. This is most stuck I've been in the program so far. Here are my last five attempts:

Set 1: 15
Set 2: 15
Set 3: 12
Set 4: 12

Set 1: 18
Set 2: 18
Set 3: 14
Set 4: 8
    
Set 1: 18
Set 2: 18
Set 3: 17
Set 4: 13
    
Set 1: 18
Set 2: 18
Set 3: 8
Set 4: 12

Set 1: 18
Set 2: 16
Set 3: 14
Set 4: 9

Thanks!

Hi Lee, are you training to failure? and referring to the video the good quality hold stops at 9''.....