This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How much time in seconds should I hold straight leg while doing the C11 Bent Arm Straddle Planche Single Leg Hold?

Started by Botond Orban, October 31, 2022 · 4 Replies · 43 Views

Botond Orban

As I look to the demo video for the "C11: Bent Arm Straddle Planche Single Leg Hold" the guys holds straight for about 3 secs each of his legs. That is 6 secs on a pair of legs. then 1 sec change that is 8 secs on repetition.
If the repetition schema for this mobility is: 5x10r that means 10r x 8 secs that is about 80 seconds in that Bent Arm position. Frankly for me that was super hard to hold it for 80 secs. I couldn't event hold it continuously. I split in two. 6 reps with 3 sec on one leg 3 sec on other leg then pause then 4 reps.

Question: Should I hold for 3 seconds for each legs like the guy in the video? That would accumulate for about 1 minute 30secs hold in that position. The textual description says "Now extend your right leg until your right knee completely straightens and is parallel to the floor (level with your upper body and hips). Pause, be sure your right quadricep is engaged, straddle wide, and hold for time"
 

Then I tried the next progressions mobility hold (C12: Bent Arm Straddle Planche) in straddle for 10 secs. Compared to the previous one that was easy :)

Any ideas hints? Should I strive to continuous 10reps of that mobility or may I split into two?

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, Botond Orban said:

As I look to the demo video for the "C11: Bent Arm Straddle Planche Single Leg Hold" the guys holds straight for about 3 secs each of his legs. That is 6 secs on a pair of legs. then 1 sec change that is 8 secs on repetition.
If the repetition schema for this mobility is: 5x10r that means 10r x 8 secs that is about 80 seconds in that Bent Arm position. Frankly for me that was super hard to hold it for 80 secs. I couldn't event hold it continuously. I split in two. 6 reps with 3 sec on one leg 3 sec on other leg then pause then 4 reps.

Question: Should I hold for 3 seconds for each legs like the guy in the video? That would accumulate for about 1 minute 30secs hold in that position. The textual description says "Now extend your right leg until your right knee completely straightens and is parallel to the floor (level with your upper body and hips). Pause, be sure your right quadricep is engaged, straddle wide, and hold for time"
 

Then I tried the next progressions mobility hold (C12: Bent Arm Straddle Planche) in straddle for 10 secs. Compared to the previous one that was easy :)

Any ideas hints? Should I strive to continuous 10reps of that mobility or may I split into two?

Hey Botond, you are free to reduce the time of the hold but 1'' is imperative....at least.

Botond Orban
3 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Botond, you are free to reduce the time of the hold but 1'' is imperative....at least.

And also I think it is super imperative to hold a strong core almost contracted abs, protracted scapula and also posterior pelvic tilt and super squeezed glutes. In other words I shouldn't hang on my hands like a "soft chain" rather like a "strong steel bridge", right?

Alessandro Mainente
6 minutes ago, Botond Orban said:

And also I think it is super imperative to hold a strong core almost contracted abs, protracted scapula and also posterior pelvic tilt and super squeezed glutes. In other words I shouldn't hang on my hands like a "soft chain" rather like a "strong steel bridge", right?

exactly.....my friend!

David Hurwitz

The course says to hold for 10 seconds on each leg though.