This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hs/Pe5 + IM

Started by Vanessa Hunt, October 10, 2022 · 7 Replies · 51 Views

Vanessa Hunt

Hi coaches

Please let me know how form is looking and do you consider ok for mastery? Thanks

 

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hi coaches

Please let me know how form is looking and do you consider ok for mastery? Thanks

 

Hey Vanessa, this is a good starting point....it requires more refinement....for the IM you should look for:

- reducing the distance between hands up to almost shoulder width grip plus one hand on each side;

- strive to be more symmetrical especially when moving from the back to the front, you can see that your left arm begins the rotation first....

Vanessa Hunt

Hi Alessandro 

I've been playing around a bit with this IM after your feedback.

I strived to not lead with the left and noticed even then between the two shoulders, im noticing a difference of how they seem to rotate. The left appears to rotate 'higher' and the right is more 'flat'.  I have revisited this movement and really slowed it down, with no weight and change of grip and whilst really focussing on not leading and can still see this slight difference.  BUT keen on your thoughts??

Is there something else I need to work on to assist with this in addition to this IM?  Or do i just need to take a step back again, work on ROM then add weight?  Thanks for your feedback!

Wide grip

Reduced grip

 

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hi Alessandro 

I've been playing around a bit with this IM after your feedback.

I strived to not lead with the left and noticed even then between the two shoulders, im noticing a difference of how they seem to rotate. The left appears to rotate 'higher' and the right is more 'flat'.  I have revisited this movement and really slowed it down, with no weight and change of grip and whilst really focussing on not leading and can still see this slight difference.  BUT keen on your thoughts??

Is there something else I need to work on to assist with this in addition to this IM?  Or do i just need to take a step back again, work on ROM then add weight?  Thanks for your feedback!

Wide grip

Reduced grip

 

I personally think that it is a matter of muscles tension and coordination. the best solution is to stop a bit first of when the difference comes out then perform the crucial part slowly...and so on...so one rep can be even 1 minute longer...because the goal is to stop, correct, restart, stop, correct on every point of the range of motion..

Vanessa Hunt

Hi Alessandro 

Since Decembers feedback, I widened my grip again (pic below) and slowly over the months reduced it keeping the above advice in mind to assist muscle tension and coordination.

Today's efforts. Feedback please.

Screenshot_20230819_153659_Gallery.thumb.jpg.0c46d1ade0af0365ee7cef22873a66a3.jpg

Alessandro Mainente

Well the movement has a good coordination between left and right so you can little by little reduce the hands distance.

Vanessa Hunt

Thanks Alessandro. As I go I mark the dowel so I know where I'm working at.

Could you please put a mark on the pic the mastery width of grip so I can work to towards that...knowing it's 'shoulder width' but having a visual of it gives me a clear goal. Many thanks

Screenshot_20230820_072536_Gallery.thumb.jpg.10fe1b894696bead114ab63f5b1d3bc9.jpg

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Thanks Alessandro. As I go I mark the dowel so I know where I'm working at.

Could you please put a mark on the pic the mastery width of grip so I can work to towards that...knowing it's 'shoulder width' but having a visual of it gives me a clear goal. Many thanks

Screenshot_20230820_072536_Gallery.thumb.jpg.10fe1b894696bead114ab63f5b1d3bc9.jpg

one hand more on each side.