This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Can't do any of the elevated bridge work

Started by Nithin Reddy, September 19, 2022 · 3 Replies · 56 Views

Nithin Reddy

Hi there, I can't get into elevated bridge, which means that I can't do the Bridge Push-ups or the Hip Taps either. My problem is that I cannot push up to get my arms fully extended. Should I focus on the other exercises I can do until I can do the elevated bridge work? Or is there a way to scale these exercises? 

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Nithin Reddy said:

Hi there, I can't get into elevated bridge, which means that I can't do the Bridge Push-ups or the Hip Taps either. My problem is that I cannot push up to get my arms fully extended. Should I focus on the other exercises I can do until I can do the elevated bridge work? Or is there a way to scale these exercises? 

Hi NIthin, i think that this is more a mobiltiy issue. basically, the more the deficit the more you feel that you do not have enough strength. How do you feel the  inverted cat position?

Nithin Reddy
8 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

How do you feel the  inverted cat position?

Inverted cat doesn’t bother me. I do use a higher rung on the stall bar when doing inverted cat. 

Alessandro Mainente
On 9/19/2022 at 6:47 PM, Nithin Reddy said:

Inverted cat doesn’t bother me. I do use a higher rung on the stall bar when doing inverted cat. 

Hey NIthin,can you post a video of both the exercises?