This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE16 - Form check & advice

Started by David Hurwitz, September 7, 2022 · 4 Replies · 88 Views

David Hurwitz

I know that I pike at the top. I also just read Coach Alex's advice to Awais Muzaffar about pushing his hips up during this exercise.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Kx4ir2-m4oY

Do you suggest mastering an easier variation first, like half lay or half straddle? Or am I close enough that I should work on correcting the pike and continuing with the full lay variation?

Thanks,

David

 

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, David Hurwitz said:

I know that I pike at the top. I also just read Coach Alex's advice to Awais Muzaffar about pushing his hips up during this exercise.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Kx4ir2-m4oY

Do you suggest mastering an easier variation first, like half lay or half straddle? Or am I close enough that I should work on correcting the pike and continuing with the full lay variation?

Thanks,

David

 

Absolutely yes. form comes first.

Awais Muzaffar

(Removed)

Awais Muzaffar

I had to scale back on these to half-lay; Only until I got decent volume on half-lay, I switched to full. Here is an example of my full variation:
 

 

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

I had to scale back on these to half-lay; Only until I got decent volume on half-lay, I switched to full. Here is an example of my full variation:
 

 

I would slow down the negative, they are important. 2'' down.