How much do you increase volume each cycle?

Started by Longshanks, June 24, 2010 · 5 Replies · 2,983 Views

Longshanks

I've heard of Ido's comments a few times about progressing from 10sets of 1 to 5 sets of 5 quite a few times now. I just wanted to know how much you need to up the volume each cycle (roughly). I realise everyones different in how they progress but even a ballpark figure would be helpfull. ATM I'm doing 12sets of 1 skin the cat negative and just wanted an idea of how much to up the volume the next cycle. This is my best guess:

SSC 1: 12sets of 1

SSC 2: 7sets of 2

SSC 3: 5 sets of 3

SSC 4: 4 sets of 4

SSC 5: 5 sets of 4

SSC 6: 5 sets of 5

I'd be gratefull for any feedback.

I relaise this is very steady increases but I'm a big guy and progress has been slow for me so far.

Gavin Strelitz

I don't have any input but I am really interested in hearing an informed answer as I think this is a good question. The intensity and volume settings for routines is something I certainly need to learn more about.

Ido Portal

There is no secret answer or magic powder. It can vary from individual to individual.

The best advice is: up the volume when it is possible. Can you do more? then do it. If quality is decreasing, stop.

Ido.

Ortprod
Ido Portal said:
There is no secret answer or magic powder. It can vary from individual to individual.

The best advice is: up the volume when it is possible. Can you do more? then do it. If quality is decreasing, stop.

Ido.

I held back for far too long about upping my volume and work capacity. This is gold IMHO.

Rafael David
Ido Portal said:
There is no secret answer or magic powder. It can vary from individual to individual.

The best advice is: up the volume when it is possible. Can you do more? then do it. If quality is decreasing, stop.

Ido.

great, very simple. 8)

Longshanks

Yea since this post I just try out what I'm capable of after a cycle and up it by as much as I can do before my form fails or my negatives drop too quickly.