This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
E13: Chinese Handstand
Started by Mohsin Ehsan, August 3, 2022 · 9 Replies · 82 Views
19 hours ago, Mohsin Ehsan said:
hEY Ehsan...you are are aligned but i cannot really understand if the lack of PPT is due to coordination or lack of shoulder mobility. can you post the mastery form of IM5 or IM7?
Hi Alessandro,
Thanks for confirming lack of PPT, I think I know what's happening now, it's most likely coordination since this was my 2nd day. My core needs to get used to stabilizing the 90-degree inverted angle. The first time I held this angle, my core completely lit on fire, which was surprising since I can do Body Levers and Side Arch Holds. Shoulder mobility is less likely since I don't feel it there, and have been doing dislocate variations for 6 months. I'll focus on improving PPT for the next month, giving my core the time to get used to stabilizing this new angle.
14 hours ago, Mohsin Ehsan said:Hi Alessandro,
Thanks for confirming lack of PPT, I think I know what's happening now, it's most likely coordination since this was my 2nd day. My core needs to get used to stabilizing the 90-degree inverted angle. The first time I held this angle, my core completely lit on fire, which was surprising since I can do Body Levers and Side Arch Holds. Shoulder mobility is less likely since I don't feel it there, and have been doing dislocate variations for 6 months. I'll focus on improving PPT for the next month, giving my core the time to get used to stabilizing this new angle.
I understand your point, my suggestion is still showing the mastery because if it is reallt a limiting factor then in long term i'l tell you to step back and fix it.
if a decent amount of shoulder mobility is not developed you have pretty muchu zero chances to counterbalance a compensation strategy of the body that in this case is the arched back.
Understood, posted video below (I'm assuming "IM7" is the mobility for "E7" = "Prone Overgrip Dislocate with Weighted Bar")
Here's the last 5 reps from the 5th set for form.
note, my wrists are a bit stiff (forgot to do wrist stretches before this) and the only weighted bar i have is a wooden bo staff, hope that's okay:
p.s. I just noticed something else. My Body Lever Negatives have the same reduced PPT. I have to fix that.
20 hours ago, Mohsin Ehsan said:Understood, posted video below (I'm assuming "IM7" is the mobility for "E7" = "Prone Overgrip Dislocate with Weighted Bar")
Here's the last 5 reps from the 5th set for form.
note, my wrists are a bit stiff (forgot to do wrist stretches before this) and the only weighted bar i have is a wooden bo staff, hope that's okay:
hey Hesan...in order to evaluate the range of motion i need a front view. also the mastery requires you to use a 10% of the bodyweigth on the bar.
I rigged weights to my bar to get up to 10%, and to my surprise, I couldn't do the prone mobility drill at all.
Even the standing dislocates are harder than I expected with 10% bodyweight.
I'll scale back the HS stream until I get up to speed with the weighted bar dislocates.
Thanks coach
Hello Coach,
Please validate the PPT here:
I can't detect any arch in the back, and there is no discomfort in the shoulders in this position, mostly fatigue in the core but endurance is improving.
Shoulder mobility drills are progressing as well, I haven't yet unlocked the prone weighted dislocate though. Currently on undergrip standing weighted.
14 hours ago, Mohsin Ehsan said:Hello Coach,
Please validate the PPT here:
I can't detect any arch in the back, and there is no discomfort in the shoulders in this position, mostly fatigue in the core but endurance is improving.
Shoulder mobility drills are progressing as well, I haven't yet unlocked the prone weighted dislocate though. Currently on undergrip standing weighted.
Hey Hesan, it seems better...of course without t-shirt is clearly visible if a good ppt requires a little sacrifice of the thoracic extension..