This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 100624

Started by Coach Sommer, June 24, 2010 · 1 Replies · 1,093 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete four rounds:

60’ backwards sled/tire sprints

40’ Squat Jumps

5 Depth Jumps

Finish the workout with 2x30 seconds Weighted Pike Stretch

notes:

1) Move immediately from one exercise to the next.

2) Note that today the sled sprints are to be done backwards.

3) If you do not have access to a tire or sled for sprints, then possible sled/tire substitutions include: perform the sprints with a weight vest, drag a kettlebell on the ground behind you while sprinting, have a partner pulling backward on you during the sprint with a long strap.

4) Squat jumps should be done down a vault runway or extended grassy area. To perform the squats jumps, squat down fully and then jump as high as possible. Land, re-squat fully and touch the hands to the ground. This constitutes one repetition. Do not pause in between the repetitions.

5) Remember to focus on jumping high, not far. Continue in this fashion until you have covered the entire 40’ of Squat Jumps without rest.

6) Add a weight vest to the Squat Jumps if you are strong enough.

7) Depth Jumps - jump off an object 3’-10’ high, bending the knees but not allowing the feet to move or step upon landing. If in doubt go lower rather than higher and remember to BEND the knees upon landing!

8 ) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Blairbob

Hmm, 5 laps on floor is not 60'. I was figuring it was the distance of the vault runway but wasn't sure if it was that or 60s either.

200' pulling 148lb on the snowsled on carpet. Not quite bodyweight but didn't have much more weight to pile in much less stay on. Most of the boys found it very easy pulling their own weight in normal sled drags. Jumps didn't need any weight but I'll try to remember to use a backpack and they were vertical. I want to say 10 across since I was focusing on vertical.

10:25ish, took a few seconds to stop clock. Done unbroken basically though round 3 got kinda silly stepping up to the Balance Beam besides transitioning from squat jumps to depth jumps on BB from FX. There was a fall onto the portapit underneath and some near misses. Roughly a 3 1/2 foot jump considering jump off BB.

I was wondering if I could do it straight through and didn't find a real problem. Sled pulls were still pretty fast I thought though burned on last lap.

Any idea on what should be appropriate weight for the pulls? I figure a sprint but since I've never timed myself on a backward sprint I had no idea. They seemed to be using quick legs.