This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

B2 Ground Rows

Started by Kacper Madej, July 4, 2022 · 7 Replies · 87 Views

Kacper Madej

Hi coaches,

I decided to regress the Rope Climb progression from pullups back to ground rows, because I felt the progress on pullups was terrible. It seems that it was a good idea, because I can't really do that many ground rows...

Here's my form: https://photos.app.goo.gl/bwkigDYgkPpsEeGA6

 

What can I improve?

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Kacper Madej said:

Hi coaches,

I decided to regress the Rope Climb progression from pullups back to ground rows, because I felt the progress on pullups was terrible. It seems that it was a good idea, because I can't really do that many ground rows...

Here's my form: https://photos.app.goo.gl/bwkigDYgkPpsEeGA6

 

What can I improve?

The first think i notice is that you lose depression at the end of every reps. shoulder blades must be always active to counterbalance the elevation and the protraction.

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Kacper Madej said:

Hi Alessandro, I tried to keep the depression here at all times, does this look good?

 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hEq3jyo537TzetdK6

not yet...

please look to the distance between ear and the upper shoulder below. at the top it is maxmized while at the bottom it is not.

image.png

Kacper Madej

Great to hear! I feel like I also have a hard time progressing this exercise effectively... I've been doing 4 sets of 8 reps for a month now. In the last 2-3 reps of the last set, I need to take a few seconds break between each rep and in the last rep I cannot reach the full ROM (I'm ~1cm away from touching by chest). I feel that the initial reps are much more explosive than they used to be, but adding a rep with a proper form seems impossible... What should I do in this case?

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Kacper Madej said:

Great to hear! I feel like I also have a hard time progressing this exercise effectively... I've been doing 4 sets of 8 reps for a month now. In the last 2-3 reps of the last set, I need to take a few seconds break between each rep and in the last rep I cannot reach the full ROM (I'm ~1cm away from touching by chest). I feel that the initial reps are much more explosive than they used to be, but adding a rep with a proper form seems impossible... What should I do in this case?

Ok, so if you do not not reach the full rom it does not count!