This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How to transition from Partial Wall Handstand to 10 Second Free Handstand

Started by Botond Orban, June 28, 2022 · 5 Replies · 76 Views

Botond Orban

Hi Guys,

I finished E15 Partial Wall Handstand in a way that I could hold 5x10sec consecutively. I repeated it 4 times the 5x10sec just to be sure.
Then as I wanted to do the E16: 10 Second Free Handstand most of the times I am falling over... If I would look at the statistics then about 5 out of seven 7 are either fall over or I have insufficient momentum to get to a straight handstand.

Any hint would be welcome to improve my staticstics. It is a bit dissapointing that I can't enter with the right amount of momentum to be exactly in the middle. Am I missing anything? Are there any techniques which would help me here, which are not broken down in this progression?

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Botond Orban said:

Hi Guys,

I finished E15 Partial Wall Handstand in a way that I could hold 5x10sec consecutively. I repeated it 4 times the 5x10sec just to be sure.
Then as I wanted to do the E16: 10 Second Free Handstand most of the times I am falling over... If I would look at the statistics then about 5 out of seven 7 are either fall over or I have insufficient momentum to get to a straight handstand.

Any hint would be welcome to improve my staticstics. It is a bit dissapointing that I can't enter with the right amount of momentum to be exactly in the middle. Am I missing anything? Are there any techniques which would help me here, which are not broken down in this progression?

Thanks

Hi Orban my suggestion is having FIRST a form check of he partial wall handstand so that we can check the basic form.

Botond Orban
On 6/29/2022 at 6:11 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Orban my suggestion is having FIRST a form check of he partial wall handstand so that we can check the basic form.

Hi Alessandro,

Here is a link to my Partial Wall handstand:
https://www.icloud.com/photos/#0cabKBDNge0W8lIFmc7QgTAvA

Frankly my Partial Wall Handstand dropped in performance... I am not lying that I did 5x10sec, 4  times. But now my average is 7 secs... 5x7 sec is my average...

Alessandro Mainente
On 7/1/2022 at 9:53 AM, Botond Orban said:

Hi Alessandro,

Here is a link to my Partial Wall handstand:
https://www.icloud.com/photos/#0cabKBDNge0W8lIFmc7QgTAvA

Frankly my Partial Wall Handstand dropped in performance... I am not lying that I did 5x10sec, 4  times. But now my average is 7 secs... 5x7 sec is my average...

The main problem here is technical: you are doing an over balance. in simply work your are still holding an handstand but the main "nodes" of the chain are not aligned over the wrists. the yellow line represents the proper alignment while the red noces represents the ones out of alignment. if you do not correct this first the process of refinining the handstand will be even harder.

you must first fix this then attempt again the partial free handstand.

image.png

Botond Orban
25 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

The main problem here is technical: you are doing an over balance. in simply work your are still holding an handstand but the main "nodes" of the chain are not aligned over the wrists. the yellow line represents the proper alignment while the red noces represents the ones out of alignment. if you do not correct this first the process of refinining the handstand will be even harder.

you must first fix this then attempt again the partial free handstand.

image.png

Super thank You,

Will work on the correction.

May I ask have You drawn that by hand? or some automated tool? because if the later then I would like to doit myself in the future ;) And which tool if the later?

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Botond Orban said:

Super thank You,

Will work on the correction.

May I ask have You drawn that by hand? or some automated tool? because if the later then I would like to doit myself in the future ;) And which tool if the later?

I used the hand.....pretty simple.