what do you think about his flare?

Started by Alessandro Mainente, June 23, 2010 · 11 Replies · 4,886 Views

Alessandro Mainente
Gregor

The best flairs I've seen from bboy. He is bending lower leg when going back and at the rear side he is a litlle piked, but still the best I've seen from a bboy.

Look the diffrence in legs and body extension:

qSdod8l5UGE

phken4343

I wish I could have his flexibility right now. Still trying to achieve that flexibility...( :/ ) but I'm getting closer everyday.

I'm also working windmills right now to understand the motion of the flare. It's getting better, but I really hate the pain when I bump my pelvis to the floor. I do it less frequently now, but anyone have any advice?

(I'm a gymnast, and not a b-boy, btw)

Blairbob

For Thomas Flair?

Work your spindle till you can do it GOOD.

A flair goes from straddle to front split to straddle to front split.

Alessandro Mainente

so.....

this is perfect

Alessandro Mainente
Gregor said:
The best flairs I've seen from bboy. He is bending lower leg when going back and at the rear side he is a litlle piked, but still the best I've seen from a bboy.

Look the diffrence in legs and body extension:

qSdod8l5UGE

yes i know the difference...see the last video that i post...is really possible do this flares without lern circles before????!!!!

Blairbob

Most breakers find circles more difficult than flairs. In gymnastics, you learn the hard way first otherwise the circle will just be garbage.

phken4343
Blairbob said:
For Thomas Flair?

Work your spindle till you can do it GOOD.

A flair goes from straddle to front split to straddle to front split.

I tried the spindle circles today, and I'm starting to understand the movement. Soo...I do the Straddle only in the back while I do the splits during the first 3/4ths of the circles, right?

phken4343

Any answers?

Blairbob

For now, just think of:

from seal support (position 1): straddle

side supports: split

rear support (position 3) straddle

get the idea?

It is important to not forget in keeping your legs to circle as you attempt the spindle and aggressive counterturn and hand placement.

phken4343

I see. I'll make a video of my attempts and post it.