This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

C2 manna straddle up/Jefferson curl

Started by Michael Schwartz Schwartz, June 28, 2022 · 2 Replies · 75 Views

Michael Schwartz Schwartz

I am following the foundation course from the beginning and being very methodical. In the past I was happy to try and skip ahead and I don't think it ever helped in the long run. Now I have taken the opposite approach - slow and steady turtle. So far so good. 

I am now at step 8 on C2. But I am far from mastery. Part of this is my hip flexibility, part my inability to fully pike. 

My JC ROM is improving, I am using about 20% of my body weight and am happy with the comfort/discomfort it is providing. I can now touch my toes to my wrist toward the end of the JC sets. 

When I finish step 9 next week, part of me wants to return to step 4 (or something like that) until my straddle up looks a bit more like the ones in the videos (more flexibility being the key) and to give me more time to improve JC ROM (and maybe add a few kilos to the bar). 

So question: Should I redo C2, or should I trust the foundation program to continue to increase the flexibility I will require for hips and pike and graduate to C3?

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 6/28/2022 at 4:43 PM, Michael Schwartz Schwartz said:

I am following the foundation course from the beginning and being very methodical. In the past I was happy to try and skip ahead and I don't think it ever helped in the long run. Now I have taken the opposite approach - slow and steady turtle. So far so good. 

I am now at step 8 on C2. But I am far from mastery. Part of this is my hip flexibility, part my inability to fully pike. 

My JC ROM is improving, I am using about 20% of my body weight and am happy with the comfort/discomfort it is providing. I can now touch my toes to my wrist toward the end of the JC sets. 

When I finish step 9 next week, part of me wants to return to step 4 (or something like that) until my straddle up looks a bit more like the ones in the videos (more flexibility being the key) and to give me more time to improve JC ROM (and maybe add a few kilos to the bar). 

So question: Should I redo C2, or should I trust the foundation program to continue to increase the flexibility I will require for hips and pike and graduate to C3?

 

HI Michael , i'm always for the option number 2.

Michael Schwartz Schwartz

ok, thanks Alessandro!