This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

C10: Tuck Planche form check

Started by George Traganidas 235308, June 15, 2022 · 18 Replies · 137 Views

George Traganidas 235308

Can you please provide me with feedback on my form?

I feel this hold at the side of my hips and I can almost feel my shoulder blades giving up and cannot keep the pushing away from the floor. Any tips?

Thanks

 

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

Can you please provide me with feedback on my form?

I feel this hold at the side of my hips and I can almost feel my shoulder blades giving up and cannot keep the pushing away from the floor. Any tips?

Thanks

 

 

 

 

Hi George, it can be the intensity...my suggestion is working in a different fashion compare to fixed seconds. i mean leave the floor, hold 1 second and step back = 1 rep. im for reaching the 5x5r with the perfect form. in this way if you work only with 1'' hold you can ensure only good quality. 

separately i suggest using a loopband that allows for 30'' hold and perform some retraction and protraction on tuck planche so that you can get used to this activation especifically. something in  betwen 3-4 reps.

George Traganidas 235308
On 6/17/2022 at 12:51 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi George, it can be the intensity...my suggestion is working in a different fashion compare to fixed seconds. i mean leave the floor, hold 1 second and step back = 1 rep. im for reaching the 5x5r with the perfect form. in this way if you work only with 1'' hold you can ensure only good quality. 

separately i suggest using a loopband that allows for 30'' hold and perform some retraction and protraction on tuck planche so that you can get used to this activation especifically. something in  betwen 3-4 reps.

I have been training on this for a while. How does it look now? Thanks.

 

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

I have been training on this for a while. How does it look now? Thanks.

 

 

 

 

hey George, i'm not completely sure that your right elbow is locked out..

George Traganidas 235308
16 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

hey George, i'm not completely sure that your right elbow is locked out..

Hmm. Let me check again and post another video. Thanks for the observation, because I would swear it is :)

George Traganidas 235308

How does this look? I am paying attention to my right elbow and it feels straight.

Thanks

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

How does this look? I am paying attention to my right elbow and it feels straight.

Thanks

 

 

hey George the first impression is that you are leaning more on your right arm...or it is just a mine impression?

also is this your max hold?

George Traganidas 235308
16 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

hey George the first impression is that you are leaning more on your right arm...or it is just a mine impression?

also is this your max hold?

I don't get the feeling I am leaning on the right side. I will double check next time.

My max hold is 6 sec on a good day :) I am struggling with this for a while now. I mean I am progressing because 6 months ago I could not hold it for not even 1 second and now I can do 5 reps of about 6 seconds. The progress is slow though. It is a combination of limiting factors:

  • My arms gets tired
  • My scapulars get tired
  • The side of my hips start to cramp.
  • Some balance issues and I fall back wards.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

 

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

I don't get the feeling I am leaning on the right side. I will double check next time.

My max hold is 6 sec on a good day :) I am struggling with this for a while now. I mean I am progressing because 6 months ago I could not hold it for not even 1 second and now I can do 5 reps of about 6 seconds. The progress is slow though. It is a combination of limiting factors:

  • My arms gets tired
  • My scapulars get tired
  • The side of my hips start to cramp.
  • Some balance issues and I fall back wards.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

 

If you max hold is 6 seconds then if you do sets of 6 you re training to failluer, in the long time it leads to forearms inflammation nad shoulder inssues (like tired subscapularis).

if your ma hold is 6 you should work on the 2-4 seconds range for no more than 2 weeks in a row. personally i prefer to insert an exercise when i can do 10-12 seconds in a row so that i can work on it for more than 2 weeks in a row.

George Traganidas 235308
On 1/4/2023 at 9:52 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

If you max hold is 6 seconds then if you do sets of 6 you re training to failluer, in the long time it leads to forearms inflammation nad shoulder inssues (like tired subscapularis).

if your ma hold is 6 you should work on the 2-4 seconds range for no more than 2 weeks in a row. personally i prefer to insert an exercise when i can do 10-12 seconds in a row so that i can work on it for more than 2 weeks in a row.

Thanks. I will work on the 2-4 range for 2 weeks and then go up again. I will report a video once I go back up to 6sec.

George Traganidas 235308

A bit more than 1 month later and here I am again. Maybe can hold it for 4 seconds. What do you think? I include here try 1 and try 2.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 2/20/2023 at 10:39 AM, George Traganidas 235308 said:

A bit more than 1 month later and here I am again. Maybe can hold it for 4 seconds. What do you think? I include here try 1 and try 2.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Probably working on the  4'' range is too much. i would do an intermediate step like lean in tuck planche , hold for half second and step back into the feet and repeat..  you should be ablet o do 5-6 rep in a row...then work on the 2-3 reps for 3 weeks.

George Traganidas 235308
10 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Probably working on the  4'' range is too much. i would do an intermediate step like lean in tuck planche , hold for half second and step back into the feet and repeat..  you should be ablet o do 5-6 rep in a row...then work on the 2-3 reps for 3 weeks.

Thanks. I will work on getting into position, holding for 2 seconds and do 3 sets of 5 reps for the next few weeks and send you a video.

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

Thanks. I will work on getting into position, holding for 2 seconds and do 3 sets of 5 reps for the next few weeks and send you a video.

no, half second. 2 is equal to your maximal hold.

George Traganidas 235308
On 2/22/2023 at 10:44 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

no, half second. 2 is equal to your maximal hold.

I have been working on this for a few weeks. How does this look?

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

I have been working on this for a few weeks. How does this look?

 

 

 

It's not bad, when you are able to do 10-12 reps in a row you can try to repeat the process with 1'' hold at the top.

George Traganidas 235308

Great. Thanks. Am I aiming for 5 sets of 12 reps?

Alessandro Mainente
On 3/19/2023 at 7:39 AM, George Traganidas 235308 said:

Great. Thanks. Am I aiming for 5 sets of 12 reps?

this is a reasonable goal...in the long term.

George Traganidas 235308

Thanks. Back to the gym now :)