Vegetable Juice

Started by Brendan Coad, June 23, 2010 · 2 Replies · 2,656 Views

Brendan Coad

So I get a CSA share every week and while I love to make salads and cook broccoli/whatever comes fresh with my meals because of my schedule I usually end up steaming a good portion of it in a giant pot and then storing it in the fridge and eating throughout the week. While I know this isn't ideal its whats workable right now.

But heres my question, Tonight after cooking there was a dark brown(from kale)/greenish water in the bottom of the pot(more than a litre) and I figure there has to be alot of nutrients in there right? So I decided to store it in a big bottle in the fridge and drink it over the next couple days. Good idea or pointless? I drank some of it before putting it in the fridge and its actually pretty good.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Blairbob

Tasty and a good change from standard filtered water.

Scotty Hagnas

You are right, lots of nutrients in the cooking water. Drink up!

Scott Hagnas

Portland, OR