This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 100622

Started by Coach Sommer, June 22, 2010 · 7 Replies · 1,685 Views

Coach Sommer

Perform:

Walking HSPU Ladders

Rest 3-5 minutes

HS practice for 15 minutes

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Begin with Box HeSPU; perform 2 reps then immediately do 6 steps of HS Wall Runs. Take a few breaths and then move on to Negative HeSPU performing 2 reps followed by 6 steps of HS Wall Runs, continue on upward through the HSPU progressions in this fashion until you reach the hardest variation you are capable of, rest 3-5 minutes and then reverse ladder back to the beginning. You will now have completed one round.

2) How many rounds you perform depends on the number of rungs that were in your ladder; e.g. you only made it to the first exercise, you will perform 10 rounds (20 . E.g. you made it to the 5th exercise, you will perform 2 rounds.

3) Adjust the reps in the Walking HSPU Ladder as necessary. If performing two reps at a time is too difficult, drop to one repetition of each variation. If performing two is too easy, increase to three, four or even five reps per variation.

Alvaro

Yesterday I couldnt train due to my schedule, but its fine as Im still injured of my left knee. Today I included the core section of yesterday, I hope it doesnt afect negatively, I didnt felt as it does.

Today I was more conservative than the other day and it was much better.

Box HeSPU + 6 wall runs X 10 sets ( now I realize that 1 set is that X 2!) and then 10 min handstands back against the wall, but trying to go up with a controlled kick and press to handstand and taking care of alignment and open my shoulders properly.

It was demanding and now I feel my shoulders and arms tired but not fried. :D

The wrist push ups really help to reduce the discomfort you feel with all those handstands.

Blairbob

this was a fun WOD the last time it came up. looking forward to it. 15m of HS practice afterward? hmm, we'll see about that. should be fine with some rest.

Dang!

I was going to do it, but I forgot I'm supposed to be on self prescribed upper body rest. My right shoulder is nearly not tight in the supraspinatus/rhomboid and the clavicle still needs more time. It's better as I was able to push into a bridge without pain. I think I could do HSPU so long as I don't arch but it's best to just stay off it.

Ryan Hutchins

happy 3000th post Blair B!!! :shock:

Richard Duelley

I skipped the 15 min of handstand work on this one . . . I did 15 min of airbaby work, 15 min of one arm QDR work and an hour of handstand work before I started the WOD so I think my handstand work was well covered :D These kind of rep ladders always smash me though 8)

Jason Stein
niftyvt said:
These kind of rep ladders always smash me though...

You get to the top and you're like, "Ah man — now I gotta go all the way back down."

Richard Duelley
jasonmstein said:
niftyvt said:
These kind of rep ladders always smash me though...

You get to the top and you're like, "Ah man — now I gotta go all the way back down."

lol exactly!

Alvaro

advantage of a weak one step ladder! :D