This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Weighted mobility

Started by Giulio Pizzini, May 3, 2022 · 6 Replies · 85 Views

Giulio Pizzini

Hello,

I've got a couple question on the weighted mobility video:

1) standing shoulder extension pulls: how much are we supposed to use momentum to help past the “sticking point” vs doing it under control like the PE2 IM of headstand 1? Also, how narrow should the grip be before adding weight? Shoulder width or larger?

2) weighted shoulder dislocates: how narrow should the grip be before adding weight?

 Thank you!

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Giulio Pizzini said:

Hello,

I've got a couple question on the weighted mobility video:

1) standing shoulder extension pulls: how much are we supposed to use momentum to help past the “sticking point” vs doing it under control like the PE2 IM of headstand 1? Also, how narrow should the grip be before adding weight? Shoulder width or larger?

2) weighted shoulder dislocates: how narrow should the grip be before adding weight?

 Thank you!

Hi Giulio, well always momentum should be avoided for now...

for the extension...reach the shoulder width, for the dislocates it is accepptable whoulder width plus one hand on each side.

Giulio Pizzini

Ok thanks, until I reach those prescribed widths I will not add any weight to the stick, right?

Alessandro Mainente
On 5/4/2022 at 7:03 PM, Giulio Pizzini said:

Ok thanks, until I reach those prescribed widths I will not add any weight to the stick, right?

exactly.

Giulio Pizzini

Perfect, thank you Ale.

Can you please check my German Hang Pulls which I’m doing as part of Single Bar Shoulder Mobility? I don’t have a great range of motion at the bottom obviously.

I do the 5 reps with a little bit of rest in between to be sure my triceps can pull me back up from the bottom position.

Here’s the video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ynyx87bnpf99th/2022-05-07 10.22.53.mov?dl=0

Thank you!

Alessandro Mainente
On 5/7/2022 at 11:12 AM, Giulio Pizzini said:

Perfect, thank you Ale.

Can you please check my German Hang Pulls which I’m doing as part of Single Bar Shoulder Mobility? I don’t have a great range of motion at the bottom obviously.

I do the 5 reps with a little bit of rest in between to be sure my triceps can pull me back up from the bottom position.

Here’s the video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ynyx87bnpf99th/2022-05-07 10.22.53.mov?dl=0

Thank you!

hey Giulio, sorry for the dealay...this is a good starting point!!!

Giulio Pizzini

Will keep at it !