This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How much rest does connective tissue need?

Started by Mohsin Ehsan, April 26, 2022 · 1 Replies · 102 Views

Mohsin Ehsan

Hi coaches,

Can connective tissue mobility drills be performed daily (or even multiple times a day) without injury?

I've heard activity is good for connective tissues since they need it to increase blood flow, which accelerates repair/strength.

I stop when I feel any sharp pain starting, but if it's a light burn, I keep repeating mobility throughout the day.

Sometimes the 'light burn' feeling lingers for a few hours, but then I feel like I can repeat.

Is this acceptable or is it risking injury?

p.s. I'm specifically working on palm + wrist + shoulder ligaments/tendons for Planche Leans + Dips

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Mohsin Ehsan said:

Hi coaches,

Can connective tissue mobility drills be performed daily (or even multiple times a day) without injury?

I've heard activity is good for connective tissues since they need it to increase blood flow, which accelerates repair/strength.

I stop when I feel any sharp pain starting, but if it's a light burn, I keep repeating mobility throughout the day.

Sometimes the 'light burn' feeling lingers for a few hours, but then I feel like I can repeat.

Is this acceptable or is it risking injury?

p.s. I'm specifically working on palm + wrist + shoulder ligaments/tendons for Planche Leans + Dips

 

 

hey Ehsan, it stronlgy depends on the intensity of the exercises. the more the intensity the less the frequency that you can use.