This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE2 form check

Started by David Pardy 340028, March 28, 2022 · 4 Replies · 40 Views

David Pardy 340028

Hi Alex,

As per my thread in the Restore forums, I've done today's push ups attempting shoulder depression and protraction.  As you can probably tell, the exercise has become significantly harder!  I have noted I've lost most of my protraction as well.  Am I at least on the right track?  I'm assuming the difficulty is simply down to never having done it correctly before.  Advice is welcome :)
 

 

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, David Pardy 340028 said:

Hi Alex,

As per my thread in the Restore forums, I've done today's push ups attempting shoulder depression and protraction.  As you can probably tell, the exercise has become significantly harder!  I have noted I've lost most of my protraction as well.  Am I at least on the right track?  I'm assuming the difficulty is simply down to never having done it correctly before.  Advice is welcome :)
 

 

Yes David, some reps are better....fi said "some" because if you move to 22'' you can still see the problem...you have to do them slowly...

David Pardy 340028

 

Hi Alex, how is this?  I am mostly focusing on the shoulder depression throughout the movement, trying to push my shoulders towards my hips as strongly as I can.  It does sometimes distract me from protraction but I'm still working on both :)

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, David Pardy 340028 said:

 

Hi Alex, how is this?  I am mostly focusing on the shoulder depression throughout the movement, trying to push my shoulders towards my hips as strongly as I can.  It does sometimes distract me from protraction but I'm still working on both :)

The shoulder and scapular activation is ok but do not forget the hips...ou must hold them with posterior pelvic tilt.

David Pardy 340028

Thanks Alex, yes trying to coordinate everything properly has been difficult as well!  Hopefully will be a bit easier now.