This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE5 - Planche Lean

Started by Mohsin Ehsan, March 13, 2022 · 5 Replies · 80 Views

Mohsin Ehsan

Hello coaches,

I'm using the picture on the website as the benchmark:

Planche_Lean-2.jpg.726cc82538b85a9f467f5b52dfc5681c.jpg

 

Trying to match the geometry (while watching Spiderman do acrobatics, which is appropriate):

Screenshot_20220313-172338_Gallery.thumb.jpg.4471f911386ac3da5cb09da39f2516d6.jpg

I think I'm noticing the following problems:

  1. My upper back doesn't look rounded 
  2. My hip-height looks high
  3. My lean-level is off by a centimeter

Please let me know the problems you can see + what I need to focus on to correct them.

Thanks

 

 

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Mohsin Ehsan said:

Hello coaches,

I'm using the picture on the website as the benchmark:

Planche_Lean-2.jpg.726cc82538b85a9f467f5b52dfc5681c.jpg

 

Trying to match the geometry (while watching Spiderman do acrobatics, which is appropriate):

Screenshot_20220313-172338_Gallery.thumb.jpg.4471f911386ac3da5cb09da39f2516d6.jpg

I think I'm noticing the following problems:

  1. My upper back doesn't look rounded 
  2. My hip-height looks high
  3. My lean-level is off by a centimeter

Please let me know the problems you can see + what I need to focus on to correct them.

Thanks

 

 

 

 

 

Hi Mohsin, there is one last problem that is the most important for now... hand positioning...in the picture of GB the hands (fingers) are pointing forward...this is important to reduce the overall stress on the biceps tendon.

I would focus on one detail at a time...for now...focus on improving protraction. at the moment probably you are focusing too much on resisting the fall and too less on the rest. the solution is decreasing the intensity (aka the amount of lean) so that you can remind your brain of the importance of a rounded upper back.

Mohsin Ehsan

Roger that:

1) Straightened hand position a bit to reduce bicep load

2) Reduced lean angle

3) Focusing on protraction

VideoCapture_20220319-130701.thumb.jpg.8457aca01efe0eb3c1a5a9ee110b1238.jpg

 

I measured the scapular protraction angle and although it looks less than the benchmark, they are basically the same @ 60 degrees:

Planche_Lean-2.jpg.4ca8c7e815b3ad80e3578194da0e56b8.jpg

 

If you see more problems please let me know.

I've noticed that if I rush to increase the lean angle, my scapular protraction starts to drop and my hips start to rise. 

I'll work on building up the lean angle to get to hip-level slowly. This progression seems to be a very important one for sPL.

And I'm suspecting that it might also be important for HBP...

 

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, Mohsin Ehsan said:

Roger that:

1) Straightened hand position a bit to reduce bicep load

2) Reduced lean angle

3) Focusing on protraction

VideoCapture_20220319-130701.thumb.jpg.8457aca01efe0eb3c1a5a9ee110b1238.jpg

 

I measured the scapular protraction angle and although it looks less than the benchmark, they are basically the same @ 60 degrees:

Planche_Lean-2.jpg.4ca8c7e815b3ad80e3578194da0e56b8.jpg

 

If you see more problems please let me know.

I've noticed that if I rush to increase the lean angle, my scapular protraction starts to drop and my hips start to rise. 

I'll work on building up the lean angle to get to hip-level slowly. This progression seems to be a very important one for sPL.

And I'm suspecting that it might also be important for HBP...

 

IT is quite normal that the more the lean the hard the execution. in fact, you need first to build up confidence with less lean and buildup to 30'' in a row. then increase the leas at the point where you can hold for 10-12'' and begin again.

you can still improve the form:

- heels together;

- pushup at scapular level 

- meanwhile, push the hips to the floor.

Mohsin Ehsan

Hopefully the final form check before I focus on holding this for 5x30s:

  • Feet together 
  • Increasing Protraction
  • Lowering Hips
  • Hands (more) straight
  • Lean angle increased, wrists now @ hip level

Will keep trying to improve form as I proceed towards 5x30s, if any other issues remain please let me know:

VideoCapture_20220329-094903.thumb.jpg.d4aa3d52f490ea5d513fd469de2a3a57.jpg

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Mohsin Ehsan said:

Hopefully the final form check before I focus on holding this for 5x30s:

  • Feet together 
  • Increasing Protraction
  • Lowering Hips
  • Hands (more) straight
  • Lean angle increased, wrists now @ hip level

Will keep trying to improve form as I proceed towards 5x30s, if any other issues remain please let me know:

VideoCapture_20220329-094903.thumb.jpg.d4aa3d52f490ea5d513fd469de2a3a57.jpg

Lovely form...nice journey here....really appreciate effort on technique!