This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE19

Started by Awais Muzaffar, March 4, 2022 · 17 Replies · 181 Views

Awais Muzaffar

Hi coaches,

Does this attempt look correct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSZ-NTyOO1U&feature=youtu.be

I think I am not pausing enough the top...

The pull feels fairly intense even in half lay. It will take my shoulders, biceps a while to get used to this. I was really feeling it.

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hi coaches,

Does this attempt look correct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSZ-NTyOO1U&feature=youtu.be

I think I am not pausing enough the top...

The pull feels fairly intense even in half lay. It will take my shoulders, biceps a while to get used to this. I was really feeling it.

Thanks!

it is fine....always think about pushing the elbows down...

Awais Muzaffar

Hi coaches,

I've got two reps stringed together in each set. I took your advice about pushing the elbows down.

set 1
set 2

Thank you as always!

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice work, Awais. Try to avoid swinging between reps. Remember to keep your head in a neutral position.

Awais Muzaffar

Cool thanks for the feedback Jeffrey!

Awais Muzaffar

Finally managed to progress to legs fully extended, keeping to singles for now:

set 1
set 2

Thanks!

Jeffrey Bittner

Good work. Be careful to keep your head in a neutral position (avoid ducking your chin). Also, remember to engage your core to help keep your spine in alignment. 

Awais Muzaffar

Ah yeah… I need to fix the habit with my neck position.

Also when you say keep the spine in alignment, where abouts in the video do you see it not fully aligned?

thanks for the tips!

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Ah yeah… I need to fix the habit with my neck position.

Also when you say keep the spine in alignment, where abouts in the video do you see it not fully aligned?

thanks for the tips!

pay attention to hold the shoulder depressed, the ears are too close to the shoulders...

Awais Muzaffar

Okay thanks Alessandro - I’ll make sure.

Awais Muzaffar

This is a 5th (final) set with 5 reps, what do you think?

- I'm keeping depressed now.
- 5th set is defenitly hard, as the scapula and their retraction get affected with tiredness.

This is the first set: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp6LfVhA0ic

And below is the fifth set:

Alessandro Mainente
On 6/17/2022 at 2:27 PM, Awais Muzaffar said:

This is a 5th (final) set with 5 reps, what do you think?

- I'm keeping depressed now.
- 5th set is defenitly hard, as the scapula and their retraction get affected with tiredness.

This is the first set: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp6LfVhA0ic

And below is the fifth set:

i suggest you to stop t the 4th sets....5th has not enough quality.

Awais Muzaffar

Hey!

I've scaled back to 4x4 and this is the 4th set. Are these good quality?

Thanks.
 

 

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hey!

I've scaled back to 4x4 and this is the 4th set. Are these good quality?

Thanks.
 

 

Hey Awais...are you beginning with bent elbows? also my suggestion is to think about holding the shoulder as far as possible at the top  form the bar like a sort of front lever pullup.

Awais Muzaffar

Hi Alessandro, sorry I'm not following your instruction. So this is what I look like in the top position. How shall I hold my shoulder in this position?

386682202_Screenshot2022-07-21at13_22_34.png.78f70e8311e08c9e3441ee5d1909baa2.png

Awais Muzaffar

Gone down to 3 reps to focus on quality and this is the 5th set;

- Arms are fully straight at the bottom.
- Shoulders are depressed at the top, and aiming to lean back.
- Hips are extended at the top.

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 8/5/2022 at 11:25 AM, Awais Muzaffar said:

Gone down to 3 reps to focus on quality and this is the 5th set;

- Arms are fully straight at the bottom.
- Shoulders are depressed at the top, and aiming to lean back.
- Hips are extended at the top.

 

nicely done!

Awais Muzaffar

Finally! Thanks :)