This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Getting started...

Started by CHRISTOPH GSCHWANDTNER, February 14, 2022 · 1 Replies · 107 Views

CHRISTOPH GSCHWANDTNER

Hello!

I am super hyped about this platform and found a lot of great content already, but I'm still a bit confused about how to use it right.

My mobility in general is poor and I just recovered from a shoulder injury from last sommer. I didn't know how to safely progress to a bar muscle up and overdid it there.
I already did rehab and don't have any problems anymore, except my mobility deficits.

Now I was set to Intermediate One by the Fitness Placement Quiz and started from there. I realized that there is only "Warm-up - Mobility - Foundation ... " in the guided plan.

1. If I'd like to add anything like restore series or handstand or additional flexibility work I can do that in "build your own workout",
and switch from time to time between "guided workout" to "build my own workout", right?

2. But when should you start to add things like Handstands, Paralletes, Rings or Backlever? Since Backlever is not found in Foundation series, but in Rings, I'm not sure if there are prerequistes for even starting with ring training. So, when should you start to train for Backlever? And also when should you start with Handstands and Paralletes?

3. After doing a few sessions of Foundation One I feel like I could use more volume. Is it recommended to add more then one exercise for each cathegory?
So if I'm working on a floor pushup, I could add Incline Push up for more volume after my main sets of floor push up?

4. How do you use the white board? When do you add workouts from the white board? Is it meant as additional conditioning?

Best regards,
Christoph

Alessandro Mainente
CHRISTOPH GSCHWANDTNER said:
6 hours ago, CHRISTOPH GSCHWANDTNER said:

Hello!

I am super hyped about this platform and found a lot of great content already, but I'm still a bit confused about how to use it right.

My mobility in general is poor and I just recovered from a shoulder injury from last sommer. I didn't know how to safely progress to a bar muscle up and overdid it there.
I already did rehab and don't have any problems anymore, except my mobility deficits.

Now I was set to Intermediate One by the Fitness Placement Quiz and started from there. I realized that there is only "Warm-up - Mobility - Foundation ... " in the guided plan.

1. If I'd like to add anything like restore series or handstand or additional flexibility work I can do that in "build your own workout",
and switch from time to time between "guided workout" to "build my own workout", right?

2. But when should you start to add things like Handstands, Paralletes, Rings or Backlever? Since Backlever is not found in Foundation series, but in Rings, I'm not sure if there are prerequistes for even starting with ring training. So, when should you start to train for Backlever? And also when should you start with Handstands and Paralletes?

3. After doing a few sessions of Foundation One I feel like I could use more volume. Is it recommended to add more then one exercise for each cathegory?
So if I'm working on a floor pushup, I could add Incline Push up for more volume after my main sets of floor push up?

4. How do you use the white board? When do you add workouts from the white board? Is it meant as additional conditioning?

Best regards,
Christoph

Hi Christoph, by reading a part of your story appears to me that previously were made some considerations about what was necessary to improve and...it leads to injury. So my suggestion does not to worry if you do less because my strongest student does one arm pullup with 18 kg added, and he does one arm pullup direct training for 4-5 sets with 2-5 reps twice a week....still convinced that more is better?

we must learn to train BETTER before TRAINING MORE.

so my suggestion is to stay with a warmup, foundations, and stretch series, then if you have time you can add a handstand. no reason, for now, to add rings to previously stressed shoulders, no rings until you reach at least the completion on foundations 2 on rope climbing and hollow back press work.

the average fitness enthusiast simply does more than necessary.

The last suggestion is using the private forum and their appropriate sections to post your form check of the exercise and receive feedback before pushing, eventually, more on some movements. and so on.