This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Static single leg squat A10

Started by Jaromir Stopka, February 11, 2022 · 3 Replies · 50 Views

Jaromir Stopka

Hi folks,

in my training I started single leg static squat exercise but I am not able to do so. I always fall backwards . It means my ankle mobility is horrible. Any idea how to fix it if even possible for such terrible mobility. I am not able even fuly squat and stay in that position with feet next to each other. Other people i asked to do it dont have this problem. Thank You for advice.

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Jaromir Stopka said:

Hi folks,

in my training I started single leg static squat exercise but I am not able to do so. I always fall backwards . It means my ankle mobility is horrible. Any idea how to fix it if even possible for such terrible mobility. I am not able even fuly squat and stay in that position with feet next to each other. Other people i asked to do it dont have this problem. Thank You for advice.

Hi Jaromir, if i take myself as experience i tried for 10 years to improve it with zero results. a fact is that once the growth is finished we have low chances to recover the ankle mobility because the joint it was used for too much time with its own range of movement. i simple use something under my heels, in this way i've completed the progression...

Jaromir Stopka
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Jaromir, if i take myself as experience i tried for 10 years to improve it with zero results. a fact is that once the growth is finished we have low chances to recover the ankle mobility because the joint it was used for too much time with its own range of movement. i simple use something under my heels, in this way i've completed the progression...

Hi Alessandro,

I didnt expect this kind od answer. I am doing ankle mobility exercises but ONLY with little change. Hmmm your solution seems to me great. I put something under my heel And Will continue with mobility training as well. Thank you

Awais Muzaffar

I also have this issue, and always need to place something under my ankle when doing the single leg progressions. At first it felt like "cheating" but now I have to accept that this seems to be something I cannot overcome.