This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE2 Pushups

Started by Rokas Grigaitis, February 10, 2022 · 9 Replies · 68 Views

Rokas Grigaitis

Hi, I've just started PE2 and would like to fix the mistakes as soon as possible. Could you please let me know if the form of the strength and mobility exercises is ok?

 

https://studio.youtube.com/video/7wVoM8-HSgA/edit

Thank you!

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Rokas Grigaitis said:

Hi, I've just started PE2 and would like to fix the mistakes as soon as possible. Could you please let me know if the form of the strength and mobility exercises is ok?

 

https://studio.youtube.com/video/7wVoM8-HSgA/edit

Thank you!

Hi ROkas, did you remember the problem you had with the elevated version? here is coming out again. it is pretty common because technical deficits come out as intensity increases. my suggestion is finding an intermediate height between the previous PE and this one sp that your shoulder are locked into depression.

Rokas Grigaitis

Thank you, I will try  out your suggestion.

What cues do you look at in the video for shoulder depression? 

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 2/10/2022 at 5:40 PM, Rokas Grigaitis said:

Thank you, I will try  out your suggestion.

What cues do you look at in the video for shoulder depression? 

 

You need to slow down the video and see thousands of pushups, when you reverse the movement to the point where the shoulders move closer to elbows height, the shoulders move closer to the ears.

Rokas Grigaitis

Hi Alessandro,

I've gone with your suggestion and went for incline push ups on a lower surface. Can you check the form, please?

 

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Rokas Grigaitis said:

Hi Alessandro,

I've gone with your suggestion and went for incline push ups on a lower surface. Can you check the form, please?

 

Hey Rokas, i'll try to use a visual approach...maybe it is better...:

point 1:when your shoulder is depressed it is possible to see your T-shirt between shoulder and neck.. if you lose depression it appears to be hidden from the shoulders...

point 2: if you measure the distance between the lower ear and the shoulder you will notice that it decreases in the second pic. this means loos of depression.

My suggestion is to perform a stop before the position of the pic to the right and here check if your lats are engaged and the shoulders are depressed...if not...correct them

look at the pic below

comparison.png

Rokas Grigaitis

Thank you for the extensive suggestions. I will try to implement them and improve my form.

If I understand correctly, the loss of depression occurs on the way up? Is it then good on the way down?

 

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Rokas Grigaitis said:

Thank you for the extensive suggestions. I will try to implement them and improve my form.

If I understand correctly, the loss of depression occurs on the way up? Is it then good on the way down?

 

Always and usually on the average....on the way up.

Rokas Grigaitis

Hi Alessandro,

here's an update of my form. Is it at least a bit better? I am having a hard time evaluating shoulder depression myself, sometimes it can be very subtle, so I would like to ask you.

 

Alessandro Mainente
38 minutes ago, Rokas Grigaitis said:

Hi Alessandro,

here's an update of my form. Is it at least a bit better? I am having a hard time evaluating shoulder depression myself, sometimes it can be very subtle, so I would like to ask you.

 

yes...you've done a good work!