This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

B1 Incline Rows 4x15 - Form Check

Started by Brandon Smith 289586, February 7, 2022 · 6 Replies · 51 Views

Brandon Smith 289586

Hello,

Requesting a form check for my incline rows. Apologies for the vertical video. I do not have room to get further from the camera in the room where I do my rows. I may try on my Wife's iPhone at another time if this doesn't suffice. I believe she has a wider lens. The video linked below contains my last set of 15 reps. Would greatly appreciate your feedback! 

https://youtu.be/seSBfRCZCgc

Thanks! 

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Brandon Smith 289586 said:

Hello,

Requesting a form check for my incline rows. Apologies for the vertical video. I do not have room to get further from the camera in the room where I do my rows. I may try on my Wife's iPhone at another time if this doesn't suffice. I believe she has a wider lens. The video linked below contains my last set of 15 reps. Would greatly appreciate your feedback! 

https://youtu.be/seSBfRCZCgc

Thanks! 

Hey Brandon, before moving on we can fix it a bit the technique. when you begin from the top position you must be sure to depress the shoulder and retract a bit them at the point where they are aligned with the ears and then begin to bend at the elbows.

The yellow line follows depression.

The green line follows retraction.

scapola.PNG

Brandon Smith 289586
11 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Brandon, before moving on we can fix it a bit the technique. when you begin from the top position you must be sure to depress the shoulder and retract a bit them at the point where they are aligned with the ears and then begin to bend at the elbows.

The yellow line follows depression.

The green line follows retraction.

scapola.PNG

Thank you very much for the feedback! I've been very focused on the retraction part of this movement, but haven't been thinking about depression at all. I will implement this during my next session and follow up. Thanks again.

Alessandro Mainente
40 minutes ago, Brandon Smith 289586 said:

Thank you very much for the feedback! I've been very focused on the retraction part of this movement, but haven't been thinking about depression at all. I will implement this during my next session and follow up. Thanks again.

it is definitely more important!

Brandon Smith 289586
On 2/8/2022 at 2:45 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

it is definitely more important!

Hi Alessandro, 

Would you please take another look at my form? I implemented the shoulder depression, and feel I'm much closer to the right position. I may need to drop the rings a couple of inches to eliminate some of the bicep pull towards the top of the position. Also keeping the heels together now as well. Thank you for your time. 

 

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Brandon Smith 289586 said:

Hi Alessandro, 

Would you please take another look at my form? I implemented the shoulder depression, and feel I'm much closer to the right position. I may need to drop the rings a couple of inches to eliminate some of the bicep pull towards the top of the position. Also keeping the heels together now as well. Thank you for your time. 

 

Hi Brandon, at shoulders level you made a good correction...do not forget to stay with PPT and better abdominal engagement...

Brandon Smith 289586
6 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Brandon, at shoulders level you made a good correction...do not forget to stay with PPT and better abdominal engagement...

Thanks Alessandro. I'll take another step back and really focus on form to maintain that PPT. I'll sit with this for a few months and follow up. Thanks!