Pike and Straddle Pike(pancake) Stretch Progressions

Started by Joshua Naterman, June 20, 2010 · 38 Replies · 22,614 Views

Joshua Naterman

HAHAHA you made yours with 4x6 too! We have the most invincible stall bars on the planet!!! Well, at least until someone with a welder uses pipe and I-beams.

I hope you had to do less wrestling with yours than I did with mine, but they are so worth the effort either way!

Brendan Coad

yeah the 4X6 was definitely intimidating to work with. I didn't really get good with the drill bit until halfway through the second upright and by then I was drilling holes like it was nothing. I was considering doing all the bars with steel but it would've been more than 3X the price to buy the pipe and cut it. Thanks again for the detailed instructions, made the whole process a lot less painful than it could have been. I did some HLL and spinal extension today and I'm looking forward to fully integrating them into my training.

Cole Dano

Those are truly burly!

Aaron Griffin

THREAD NECROMANCY!

The original video appears to have been removed. Does anyone happen to have an alternate link?

Ian Myers

Ooooh yeah any alternative vids? :shock:

greekdawg
Joshua Naterman said:

HAHAHA sorry! I've just been super busy. I'll take some now.

Close up of the attachment site, I used 10 3" wood screws.

attachicon.gifDSC03596.JPG

Slightly more zoomed out so you can see the foot I used. It's just a 2x12.

attachicon.gifDSC03595.JPG

And finally, the actual rig! You can see this is freestanding from the wall. Coach joked that you could land a 747 on it when I told him I made my stall bars using 4x6's for uprights lol!

attachicon.gifDSC03594.JPG

Slizz,

 

Any way you can re-post your pics or a link to them?  I'm trying to dive into this project of making free-standing stall bars and I'm having trouble visualizing the end result.  Thanks in advance....

stefanhinote
greekdawg said:

Slizz,

 

Any way you can re-post your pics or a link to them?  I'm trying to dive into this project of making free-standing stall bars and I'm having trouble visualizing the end result.  Thanks in advance....

Click the links in his quoted post.

 This is the one of the feet to the stall bars: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=76

Romulo

"Ressurrecting" this post because I too would like to see the pics of Joshua's free standing stall bars, the links don't seem to be active.

I tried to send him a message, but there was an error saying he couldn't use the messaging system :huh:

Joshua Naterman
Romulo said:

"Ressurrecting" this post because I too would like to see the pics of Joshua's free standing stall bars, the links don't seem to be active.

I tried to send him a message, but there was an error saying he couldn't use the messaging system :huh:

This is a mystery to me too, believe me.

 

I don't know if I still have those pictures, but if I do I will find them later next month.

Alessandro Mainente

i found by a chance a good position to try pancake. the problem for me is that wrong position (also if the wrong is hold it for 1 second or is wrong for 1 cm) lets to sciatica inflammation on the following day. if i'll remember that i'll make a video about the position. nothing special but i've seen a lot of improvements and no injuries.

Romulo
Joshua Naterman said:

This is a mystery to me too, believe me.

 

I don't know if I still have those pictures, but if I do I will find them later next month.

 

Thank you Joshua! Your idea seems perfect! I live in a rented place, so I couldn't attach it to the wall. Couldn't you take new pics with a cell phone or something, if you don't find the old ones?

Hercules
Joshua Naterman
Romulo said:

Thank you Joshua! Your idea seems perfect! I live in a rented place, so I couldn't attach it to the wall. Couldn't you take new pics with a cell phone or something, if you don't find the old ones?

Unfortunately not, since mine are now attached to the wall in my garage. However, I can still make a quick tutorial later on in September to share my ideas for how to do make your bars freestanding.

FredInChina
Joshua Naterman said:

Unfortunately not, since mine are now attached to the wall in my garage. However, I can still make a quick tutorial later on in September to share my ideas for how to do make your bars freestanding.

 

Yo! You are in deep trouble with the heritage conservation administration, I tell ya!

These were museum pieces you've just destroyed! :blink:

 

:P