This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Spending Time in Bridge Position

Started by Robert Moore, February 2, 2022 · 1 Replies · 36 Views

Robert Moore

Hi Allessandro, Coaches Forum… with Thoracic Bridge Coach Sommer mentions this…can only get good by spending time in the bridge…. I was just thinking if it’s ok to do this say with handstand or in a general limber session… obviously as long as warmed up and my level permits….I believe I am ok in the position 3 reps of 5 seconds with feet apart on 5/6 rung…. So really just to build time up as it seems I should also improve my position by doing…? Any views advice would be as always helpful 

Alessandro Mainente
50 minutes ago, Robert Moore said:

Hi Allessandro, Coaches Forum… with Thoracic Bridge Coach Sommer mentions this…can only get good by spending time in the bridge…. I was just thinking if it’s ok to do this say with handstand or in a general limber session… obviously as long as warmed up and my level permits….I believe I am ok in the position 3 reps of 5 seconds with feet apart on 5/6 rung…. So really just to build time up as it seems I should also improve my position by doing…? Any views advice would be as always helpful 

Hi Robert for sure the suggestion of Coach Sommer is ok for movement where you can spend at least 15-20'' in a row, so specifically for the bridge a variation that you can hold for this time.