Impressive ballet performance

Started by AndreasN, June 20, 2010 · 5 Replies · 2,366 Views

AndreasN

Watched the concert before the royal wedding in Sweden a couple of days ago. There was a performance by two chinese balletdancers who made a really impressive version of Swan Lake. Found a video of it on youtube, albeit not the same performance, but pretty much identical. I think it's worth watching.

Scotty Hagnas

Wow, that was a nice combination of acrobatics and ballet! Amazing strength and balance. Thanks for posting.

Scott Hagnas

Seiji

That was a great performance!

At first I thought to myself "oh great, another swan lake", but leave it to the chinese to make it more interesting.

I bet it hurt when that woman did a pirouette on the guy's shoulder... yikes.

Scott Malin

Certainly impressive and I'd love to see the full performance. Overall they integrate the various elements well, but I disliked that a couple times it felt more acro than ballet. Felt out of character (in the literary sense), especially as for the most part they blur the line between acro and ballet very well.

Nick Van Bockxmeer

i thought I would share this and I didn't really feel like starting a new thread

8PJ1lrKd6ac

stunning!

Scott Malin
nickvb said:

stunning!

Agreed. I'd take up learning the duo arial stuff in a heartbeat if I could find a dedicated partner. Loved this particular performance!