This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

C5 Planche Lean

Started by Huy Lui, February 1, 2022 · 12 Replies · 126 Views

Huy Lui

Hi, 

Please check my form for this exercise. How far should I consider to be a good form to hold for specific amount of time? 
 

https://youtu.be/Ezkfwfmmrzo

 

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Huy Lui said:

Hi, 

Please check my form for this exercise. How far should I consider to be a good form to hold for specific amount of time? 
 

https://youtu.be/Ezkfwfmmrzo

 

Hey Huy, couple of tips for you:

1- try to form a single straight line starting from shoulders, passing through the hips, down to heels. in your case hips are too high.

2- stay on the instep...this will avoid the aid of the tibialis anterior when you feel more tendency to fall forward.

Huy Lui
6 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Huy, couple of tips for you:

1- try to form a single straight line starting from shoulders, passing through the hips, down to heels. in your case hips are too high.

2- stay on the instep...this will avoid the aid of the tibialis anterior when you feel more tendency to fall forward.

Hi Alessandro,

What is instep may I ask?

Alessandro Mainente
On 2/1/2022 at 1:45 AM, Huy Lui said:

Hi, 

Please check my form for this exercise. How far should I consider to be a good form to hold for specific amount of time? 
 

https://youtu.be/Ezkfwfmmrzo

 

Hey Huy, it is the front part of the foot.

Huy Lui

Hi,

Please check my form. my body is shaking when leaning forward; does this mean I haven’t got enough strength? 

https://youtu.be/tGCcJ2riWT0

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice work, Huy. Your hips are still too high. Work on dropping them towards the ground so there is a straight line between your feet and shoulders as Alex previously said. Good job focusing on protraction.

Huy Lui
3 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Nice work, Huy. Your hips are still too high. Work on dropping them towards the ground so there is a straight line between your feet and shoulders as Alex previously said. Good job focusing on protraction.

So I have to always thinking about pushing hip down when leaning forward then. Thank you for your feedback!

Huy Lui
On 2/15/2022 at 4:48 PM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Nice work, Huy. Your hips are still too high. Work on dropping them towards the ground so there is a straight line between your feet and shoulders as Alex previously said. Good job focusing on protraction.

Hi Jeffrey,

Please review my form. This is by far the hardest exercise to increase hold time. My best is 4 sets of 18s.

 

https://youtu.be/4yOfoXEVNtA

Alessandro Mainente
On 4/10/2022 at 1:25 PM, Huy Lui said:

Hi Jeffrey,

Please review my form. This is by far the hardest exercise to increase hold time. My best is 4 sets of 18s.

 

https://youtu.be/4yOfoXEVNtA

Hey Huy, are you training to failure?

Huy Lui
2 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Huy, are you training to failure?

Nope. I try my best to 18s then stop. 

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, Huy Lui said:

Nope. I try my best to 18s then stop. 

Ok, now i think that you should go for set of 10-12''. then when you have reaached 30'' begin again from a position with more lean and a maximal hold of 10'' and rebuild back the 30''.

Huy Lui
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Ok, now i think that you should go for set of 10-12''. then when you have reaached 30'' begin again from a position with more lean and a maximal hold of 10'' and rebuild back the 30''.

Hi Alessandro,

I’m quite confuse. I follow the program layout and move to 4 sets of 18s after achieve 4 sets of 12s previous step. 
 

Also, how can I measure the degree of lean if I want to build it to 30s?

Alessandro Mainente
On 4/12/2022 at 11:02 AM, Huy Lui said:

Hi Alessandro,

I’m quite confuse. I follow the program layout and move to 4 sets of 18s after achieve 4 sets of 12s previous step. 
 

Also, how can I measure the degree of lean if I want to build it to 30s?

you can wrap a strap aorund the waist and see how far it is from the palms. the strategy i have mentioned is conservative. you set a lean, you reach the 30''. you set another more lean where you can stay for 12'' and you begin agian to build up the 30''. iteration of this process leads to 30'' of lean for the correct amount of lean.