This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

B8 Pullup

Started by Kacper Madej, January 31, 2022 · 6 Replies · 64 Views

Kacper Madej

Since it turns out I can even butcher a plank, I really want to post more of my form checks. Here's the pullup, is there anything to improve?

 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FHkbJVgQXJwMtd2J7

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, Kacper Madej said:

Since it turns out I can even butcher a plank, I really want to post more of my form checks. Here's the pullup, is there anything to improve?

 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FHkbJVgQXJwMtd2J7

 

 

Very nice...one tip , when you move down do not elevate the shoulder until the elbows are locked out...

Kacper Madej

Thanks Alessandro, I'll try to put more thought into it!

Kacper Madej

I feel like I'm stuck. I can do 5 sets of 5, but on some days I can't do the 5th pullup on the 5th set. And on good days I definitely don't have anything left in the tank.

I'm weakest in the top position - when tired I can lift halfway, up to maybe 70-80%. For the past two weeks I've been trying to spend more time up and I did the following: lift, 2s hold on the top, 2s hold in 50%, 2s hold on the top, down. I retested after two weeks and I haven't seen progress in the actual pullups. I would really appreciate some tips here!

 

Here's my form - first set of the day https://photos.app.goo.gl/pAFBxGinKPjBDB7R9

 

cc @Alessandro Mainente

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Kacper Madej said:

I feel like I'm stuck. I can do 5 sets of 5, but on some days I can't do the 5th pullup on the 5th set. And on good days I definitely don't have anything left in the tank.

I'm weakest in the top position - when tired I can lift halfway, up to maybe 70-80%. For the past two weeks I've been trying to spend more time up and I did the following: lift, 2s hold on the top, 2s hold in 50%, 2s hold on the top, down. I retested after two weeks and I haven't seen progress in the actual pullups. I would really appreciate some tips here!

 

Here's my form - first set of the day https://photos.app.goo.gl/pAFBxGinKPjBDB7R9

 

cc @Alessandro Mainente

You begin too early with the elbows and they are not suited for great effort. on the other side the scapulae moves first with shoulder depression with the elbow locked out and then you should think to pull down the elbows with the scapulae still fixed.

you can notice the timing also in the one arm variation. here my student shows this timing perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/yluoscpttpI

Kacper Madej

Hi @Alessandro Mainente - how does it look now? https://photos.app.goo.gl/67EEpBST2gyzrR7t9 I personally feel like so much time passes between me depressing the scapulas and starting to pull down the elbows, but it seems like a split second on the video, lol...

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, Kacper Madej said:

Hi @Alessandro Mainente - how does it look now? https://photos.app.goo.gl/67EEpBST2gyzrR7t9 I personally feel like so much time passes between me depressing the scapulas and starting to pull down the elbows, but it seems like a split second on the video, lol...

great improvement...but what about ecentric? if you hold the shoulder blades down during the concentric...why do not hold them down until the elbows are fully extended?