1. Can you please check the form? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDB-CfwtPWE
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
M/PE1 Tuck Ups
Started by Rokas Grigaitis, January 31, 2022 · 13 Replies · 64 Views
On 1/31/2022 at 11:17 AM, Rokas Grigaitis said:1. Can you please check the form? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDB-CfwtPWE
Hey Rokas, for a more fluid movement try to lift a bit more the upper body before lifting the legs...i mean leaving the floor with the scapulae..you will find it easier to sit higher with an open chest.
Hi Alessandro, does this look better?
also, could you comment on the mobility part as well?
19 hours ago, Rokas Grigaitis said:Hi Alessandro, does this look better?
also, could you comment on the mobility part as well?
They are better now...for the tuck-up strive to open the chest a bit more in the top position.
Thank you!
On 2/2/2022 at 1:38 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:They are better now...for the tuck-up strive to open the chest a bit more in the top position.
Hi, here's an update of my form. Is it ok?
3 minutes ago, Rokas Grigaitis said:Hi, here's an update of my form. Is it ok?
It is pretty much the same as before. but it is quite normal, the technique needs more than a couple of sessions to improve. you still need to open more the chest at the top.
Thank you, Alessandro. I am currently at step 8/9, it does not seem too challenging physically, but I guess the form is not good enough to move on to the next progression? Should I then just stay at step 9 for some time until the form improves?
6 hours ago, Rokas Grigaitis said:Thank you, Alessandro. I am currently at step 8/9, it does not seem too challenging physically, but I guess the form is not good enough to move on to the next progression? Should I then just stay at step 9 for some time until the form improves?
yes.
I greatly appreciate your help!
I would also like to know what do you think about progressive wave-like overload? That is, would it perhaps make sense to again go down to step 1 and climb up again to step 9? Thins has worked well for me in the past? Would it be less beneficial at this stage than just staying at the step?
I realize that I ask a lot of question, which might be a bit annoying, but it is just because I am very interested in your knowledge and expertise as well as what are the most efficient ways of progressing
Thanks again!
3 hours ago, Rokas Grigaitis said:I greatly appreciate your help!
I would also like to know what do you think about progressive wave-like overload? That is, would it perhaps make sense to again go down to step 1 and climb up again to step 9? Thins has worked well for me in the past? Would it be less beneficial at this stage than just staying at the step?
I realize that I ask a lot of question, which might be a bit annoying, but it is just because I am very interested in your knowledge and expertise as well as what are the most efficient ways of progressing
![]()
Thanks again!
waving is useful if the intensity is changed week over a week but in our case, the intensity is the same and it is prescribed by the progression of the exercise in the course) while is the relative intensity that changes if you vary the rep. if you begin from step one probably you are doing undertraining.
In the beginning, the linear progression is what works of the most. in the long term what changes can be the frequency or the distribution of the workload in a daily undulating fashion but for every single day, the progression is still linear. rarely i have used waving because the type of strength training (GST) is a limiting factor because if you want to change intensity you must change exercise but if you change exercise you change what the brain is going to learn.
Being a good trainer with GST is much more complex than a "simple" percentage protocol.
there is not the best way of progressing at all...there is what is suited best for a student in a specific period of time.
the schedule, the protocol, should be first sustainable, then it should have sense, logic, following universal strength principle that works for everyone more or less.
Thank you, Alessandro, I've never really thought the inability to change intensity frequently in bodyweight training.
I am a bit confused still about the linear progression you are implying, at some point it is prone to stop, no?
could you give an example for better understanding of what you mean by
"in the long term what changes can be the frequency or the distribution of the workload in a daily undulating fashion but for every single day".
Thanks again!
8 hours ago, Rokas Grigaitis said:Thank you, Alessandro, I've never really thought the inability to change intensity frequently in bodyweight training.
I am a bit confused still about the linear progression you are implying, at some point it is prone to stop, no?
could you give an example for better understanding of what you mean by
"in the long term what changes can be the frequency or the distribution of the workload in a daily undulating fashion but for every single day".
Thanks again!
Hi ROkas, during the week from day to day the workload can change. bu if you then compare the same days week over a week they still have a linear progression. in this way during the week, the workload is undulated. but from week to week there is still a general linear periodization. linear periodization is generally the tendency of doing more in the volume or intensity or density. there are many ways to do it....waving way, static program, strict block periodization, and so on.
there are many books that talk about that, based on your knowledge you can begin from one more than another one.
a good starting point is the Science and Practice of Strength Training, then i would go for periodization training for sport (carlo buzzichelli....i0m going to begin to work with him in italy in his top-level courses) then there are starting strength or strength training programming.
those texts give ideas and basic concepts that are universal. then the biggest obstacle is finding a way to fill these principles with GST principle of Coach Sommer, and when you do it you can produce amazing results... i have 41 students who did one-arm pullup, 12 of them reached the weighted one arm pullup with 10 kg, one of them with 18 kg, i have 5 adults students who reached the manna or almost reached the manna(i think i'm the only one in italy) , one of my student hit the 25'' full planche on rings and 7 reverse muscle-up in a row...
but it is nothing more than understanding theory, then planning, programming, and periodizing.
Hi Alessandro,
here's an update. Does the form look good?
Thanks!