This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE1 Russian Twists

Started by Rokas Grigaitis, January 31, 2022 · 7 Replies · 27 Views

Alessandro Mainente
On 1/31/2022 at 11:16 AM, Rokas Grigaitis said:

1. Can you please check the form? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPsmqNdmc3E

Hi ROkas, 2 tips for you:

1- keep the knees together;

2- try to reach the floor with the outer hands.

Rokas Grigaitis

Thank you, Alessandro.

1.The video might be confusing, but I think my knees are touching almost all the time (I'll include a front look next time).

2. This floor touch seems to evade me. A couple of questions related to that. Could it be a general mobility issue of the thoracic or should I just somehow change the technique? If so can you give some clues?

3. I feel the lat of the side I'm twisting to engaged, is that OK or a sign of bad technique?

 

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, Rokas Grigaitis said:

Thank you, Alessandro.

1.The video might be confusing, but I think my knees are touching almost all the time (I'll include a front look next time).

2. This floor touch seems to evade me. A couple of questions related to that. Could it be a general mobility issue of the thoracic or should I just somehow change the technique? If so can you give some clues?

3. I feel the lat of the side I'm twisting to engaged, is that OK or a sign of bad technique?

 

Hi Rokas, i'll answer after the questions:

Thank you, Alessandro.

1.The video might be confusing, but I think my knees are touching almost all the time (I'll include a front look next time). i Understand but knee moving apart is compensation and this is exactly what moves the exercises from the spine to hips.

2. This floor touch seems to evade me. A couple of questions related to that. Could it be a general mobility issue of the thoracic or should I just somehow change the technique? If so can you give some clues? it is an active mobility deficit or in other words strength deficits. it takes time.

3. I feel the lat of the side I'm twisting to engaged, is that OK or a sign of bad technique? probably the torque stretches the lat because the lat itself does not twist the spine.

Rokas Grigaitis

Thank you, Alessandro, for your comments. One small thing, would it be better to post a front or side view next time?

Rokas Grigaitis
On 2/2/2022 at 2:09 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Rokas, i'll answer after the questions:

Thank you, Alessandro.

1.The video might be confusing, but I think my knees are touching almost all the time (I'll include a front look next time). i Understand but knee moving apart is compensation and this is exactly what moves the exercises from the spine to hips.

2. This floor touch seems to evade me. A couple of questions related to that. Could it be a general mobility issue of the thoracic or should I just somehow change the technique? If so can you give some clues? it is an active mobility deficit or in other words strength deficits. it takes time.

3. I feel the lat of the side I'm twisting to engaged, is that OK or a sign of bad technique? probably the torque stretches the lat because the lat itself does not twist the spine.

Hi, here's an update. Could you, please, comment on the form? Is it good?

 

Alessandro Mainente
5 minutes ago, Rokas Grigaitis said:

Hi, here's an update. Could you, please, comment on the form? Is it good?

 

Hi Rokas, as I stated also for the tuck-up it will require a bit to increase the range of motion in the twist.

Rokas Grigaitis

Hi Alessandro,

here's and update. Is the form good or at least better?

Thanks!